Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Depends on your system. Some require more resources than others and, on top of that, there can be compatibility issues. In other words, tell us your specs.

Dithering is good.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
OGL2, depends on your type of graphic preferences though. some like the traditional/unenhanced look of a real psx compared to the more polished and fancy visuals the hardware based plugins like the OGL2 can produce.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
check and make sure you are not using the auto-detect setting for the VRAM amount in the video config, set it manually.

if you could post a screen shot of how you have your video plugin configured it might help us in the event what i suggested does not correct the problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
sorry to come barge in in other people's thread, but can somebody tell me what video plugin works well with fraps? cuz i keep crashing epsxe when using fraps together

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
I do have it on autodetect. I will change that to 1GB.

Edit: Didn't work

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/Z-Overlord/Videoplugin-1.jpg

see anything wrong? And the software core is not important right? I'm using OpenGL2 or w/e it's called
nothing your settings really look odd, although you could try turning off all those texture/screen/shader filters and see if there is a change in the performance. you could also see if the same slow down occurs on plugins other than the OGL2, like the D3d or OGL1.

if it is a re-occuring issue then one of the possibilites is that the game has performance issues or other problems with the emulator itself. the other possibility is that it could be a problem that is actually present when played on a real psx too, unfortunately little can be done to correct that sort of thing.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I do have it on autodetect. I will change that to 1GB.

Edit: Didn't work

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/Z-Overlord/Videoplugin-1.jpg

see anything wrong? And the software core is not important right? I'm using OpenGL2 or w/e it's called
Set GFX card Vram manually write in the box 1024 your card is 1GB not 512 mb x.x.

Other then that i don't see any problems in your config, do other games give you the same problem ?

PS: mind sharing the source for your wallpaper ? :p

sorry to come barge in in other people's thread, but can somebody tell me what video plugin works well with fraps? cuz i keep crashing epsxe when using fraps together
Probably some conflict on your end all pete plugins work good with fraps on my end. Is your PC powerful enough for that though ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Probably some conflict on your end all pete plugins work good with fraps on my end. Is your PC powerful enough for that though ?
i'm really off-topic-ing some post, but really if this isn't useful mod may edit or delete my post

i'm running an ePSXe right? my PC spec is

Processor intel Core 2 Duo
Nvidia GeForce 512 MB 9400GT
1 GB RAM DDR2

so i think this should work with fraps, but it stil crash, it doesn't crash only if i try the DXD6 plugin or so... i don't really remember the name (i'm not online from my current PC)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
PC wise no problem, that must mean something else conflicts with it Fraps since it works on my end with pete's plugins. Maybe some codec can't really think of something else.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if you could just start a new thread it would be easier for everybody to manage. you are not in trouble or anything but its kinda hard to sort out two separate problems in a single thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Set GFX card Vram manually write in the box 1024 your card is 1GB not 512 mb x.x.

Other then that i don't see any problems in your config, do other games give you the same problem ?

PS: mind sharing the source for your wallpaper ? :p

Shouldn't it be 60 fps?

Will do

Edit: Fraps shows it be 30fps, then drop to 20 fps :???:

Wallpaper:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6892/1249559574569.jpg

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Will do

Edit: Fraps shows it be 30fps, then drop to 20 fps :???:

Wallpaper:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6892/1249559574569.jpg
Wait, what about what the plug-in reports as the FPS? If it stays at 60FPS, I think I may know what the "problem" is. I made a post about this a few days back, and it may apply here.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussion/128272-frame-rate-tearing-problems.html#post1751868

My guess is, if FRAPS shows the actual game's (not the emulation of the system's) frame rate going down, then the real game likely did this too due to it needing to to run on that hardware. The fact that it happens on a crowded scene makes sense. Don't necessarily expect super smooth fluidity because it's "60FPS". It just may not be (and usually isn't). The frame rate of the game itself and the "FPS" of the emulation are two very different things. Most people don't know this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with Resident Evil: Survivor, lagging badly in crowded areas so I went to Special Game fixes and checked Fake Subtractive Blending and noticed I didn't lag as badly but it was still annoying so after seeing this post I set my GFX card Vram to 1024 and now it works perfectly.

I know this post is a few years old but maybe it will help someone else with this issue like it helped me, thanks guys :3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.