·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Direct64, without a doubt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Argh...with Direct64 with fullscreen I get a weird flickering effect, including the FPS counter showing up in the background and sometimes a white image.

We both have the same graphics card though. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Didn't you say 9700pro, not 9600XT? :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah, they are basically the same with the exception of the 9700P being way faster. ;)

I forgot; Direct64 doesn't work with fullscreen, that was broken in the current version. GLn64 should be close to as good, aside from the more intricate framebuffer effects, which aren't very important or noticable. Give it a try, works great here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super Mario 64 works great, but in the Zelda and other games I end up getting some corruption (the zelda sign in the beginning isn't red) or a white screen *sigh*

·
Registered
1 Posts
emusnicker said:
Argh...with Direct64 with fullscreen I get a weird flickering effect, including the FPS counter showing up in the background and sometimes a white image.

We both have the same graphics card though. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?
I was having the same problem with my AIW 9600XT and I noticed that the counter looked to be showing up on the screen about where it was when I was in windowed mode, I decided to set my full-screen resolution to my windowed resolution of 800x600 and I didn't see the flickering anymore. I assume it's because the flickering is occuring off-screen now. I set the windowed and full-screen resolution to 1024x768 and I still didn't see any flickering. So I've left it at that. Hopefully that works for you guys as well as it did for me.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okstorms, that does it! Awesome! Direct64 now works in full screen (windowed and fullscreen in video options must be the same). Thanks. I will try the Glide wrapper too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a 9700 Pro, and Jabo's Direct3D6 is the only plugin I've found that works absolutely flawlessly. glN64, Direct64 and Rice's all give me various problems (white screens, flickering screens, etc).

I would try okstorms's suggestion, but Direct64 doesn't allow me to select a windowed resolution of 1600x1200. Not to mention giving me a host of other problems. :???:

So yeah. I recommend sticking with Jabo's plugin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts