Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
hmm, the 6600gt is quite good, and i believe its around 200 dollars (assuming we are all speaking in US dollars here) i think a 6800nu is above 300, so a 6600gt would be your best bet / best bang for your buck

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This day have to be the sh!ttest day I've ever been through. First my ps2 got f'ed now my fx 5700 got f'ed. It's the 13th too. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! I cant ****Ing believe it. I gonna kill Sony and XFX. Sorry Admins but I'm really really pissed off. I bet you would have done the same if you were in my position.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You might be able to get a 6800 non-Ultra for below $300 (Newegg has them for $260 and up but I don't know how much more expensive computer merchandise is in your country). If that's out of your reach then go with eternal11's suggestion and get a 6600 GT.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
You could try an RMA with the nvidia AIB partner. Hopefully, they can send you a new video card free. This is exactly why I buy BFG video cards. Their warranty is unbeatable.

If you can't RMA, then the 6600gt(USD $200 or lower) or the 6800 non ultra(USD $300 or lower) are great choices.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Personally I think its foolish to spend over 300 on a graphics card so kudos to ya. 6800 non ultra is awesome. Currently im using a x800 ati pci-express card but my 2nd pc has a 6800 in it and it rox

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really doubt I can RMA it. XFX support equals ****. I've tried RMA a damn fan and I didn't get it. So I dont think I can RMA a video card. Just for those who wants to buy a new video card: STAY AWAY FROM XFX PRODUCTS.....

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
6600gt is probaply best choice for money. It only has 128mb ram, and heavily narrowed memory bandwidth (which can be probaply fixed with softmod in future) so it might hickup from time to time in games with huge textures and lots of detail (like doom3 on high settings). Bit more common games its speed is simply insane for money it costs. Planning to get one myself... :dance:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
MaZa said:
6600gt is probaply best choice for money. It only has 128mb ram, and heavily narrowed memory bandwidth (which can be probaply fixed with softmod in future) so it might hickup from time to time in games with huge textures and lots of detail (like doom3 on high settings). Bit more common games its speed is simply insane for money it costs. Planning to get one myself... :dance:
You will not be able to softmode a 6600gt. They are not the same as the Nv40 chips. Even so, the 128bit/128meg memory doesn't deter it's performance much in most games with most settings. Actaully, someone with a 6600gt said he ran doom3 fine at HIgh quality settings.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
D.D. said:
i agree with the 6600gt, tho in a little while the x800 cards will be in the same price range...
Maybe in a few more months. There are some 6600gt's priced at $170 right now. If the x800 cards start dropping in price, you can bet the 6600gt's will too. And so will the 6800gt. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
[Thoughtless] said:
Can someone give me some recomendations on some video card below the 300 dollars? My FX 5700 just got f***ed up.... :mad:
Hi,

if your system does not support pci express, maybe you can consider a geforce fx5900xt.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
sportster00 said:
Hi,

if your system does not support pci express, maybe you can consider a geforce fx5900xt.
It's a little silly to get last generation hardware when the current generation does everything so much better. 6600gt's already come in AGP form. And so do the 6800 non ultra.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>And so do the 6800 non ultra.

Indeed, my one is AGP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts