23,263 Posts
Starcraft
Dune 2k and varios others not listed

WHAT THE ****
GET THE **** OUT OF HERE :angry:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well out of those options I voted for Warcraft 2, because I've only played that and Tiberian Sun and didn't like tiberian sun much...

But I agree with squall, the poll options are lacking... A lot! But Capo did say these are his personal favourites... So out of the strategy games I've played the best one would be Warcraft 3(in RTS's) and Valkyria Chronicles(in Turn Based Strategy):D

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Warcraft 3 and AoE2. Duh.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Warcraft 3?

what... do you want to get tortured or something? :p

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Civilization 4 pawn all tbrts

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
The best strategy game I played was a Snes game called Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen. The game has 12 different endings and a load **** of secret stuff to find out. It took me a whole year to beat it 100% without using faqs,walkthroughs, guides, etc.

Note: Don't confuse this game for Tactics Ogre, they are two different games, both in name, gameplay and concept.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Total Annihilation one of the most tactical rts games i have seen, with an exelent resource management system.

but limiting the command and conquer series to just one on this poll is just plain idiotic especialy one made by ea.

and might i add where the hell is starcraft.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I'll say C&C since I like that series most.

The best strategy game I played was a Snes game called Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen.
It's more of a tactical RPG. This thread here's about RTS.

·
Registered
308 Posts
As with other, I feel Civilization, Red Alert of Starcraft should have been included.

As for my personal favorite, Starcraft would be it. Never really got hooked on warcraft all that much.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Out of the Commander and Conquer series I've fallen in love with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert (all 3).
Age of Empires, all 3 of those as well :drool:
Haven't tried Starcraft, but I guess I should.
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms is ozzim!
I enjoyed Warcraft 3 for the most part, but mostly for the lore.

Another game I've enjoyed was Pharaoh, it's a strategy game, dunno if you guys think it is one, as it's mostly (if not all) single player. No real contact with other players/computers in game.

I can't decide on one game :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Out of the Commander and Conquer series I've fallen in love with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert (all 3).
Age of Empires, 1 and 2 of those as well :drool:
Haven't tried Starcraft, but I guess I should.
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms is ozzim!
I enjoyed Warcraft 3 for the most part, but mostly for the lore.

Another game I've enjoyed was Pharaoh, it's a strategy game, dunno if you guys think it is one, as it's mostly (if not all) single player. No real contact with other players/computers in game.

I can't decide on one game :p
I fixed it for you. There is no 3. what you played was the cake from portal.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
The cake is a lie! ;p

Anyway, I used to like StarCraft... then... Metal Fatigue, one of the rare gems that might have been forgotten. Meh...

Oh yeah, and Ground Control II, too.

The rest... mmm... haven't played much RTS lately.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Ground Control, I failed to pick up a copy of that :(

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
What about Sins of a Solar Empire?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
A tougher breed of RTS I enjoyed was Act of War. I actually gave up on the expansion (might have been because of boredom, but I also died a bit more than appreciated.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts