Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sound Blaster Live Value card right now. I am also using Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.6 for my Sound Driver...it is HORRIBLE.

Every time a random battle begins, there is a loud screech in the beginning that makes me jump EVERY time I encounter a random battle. :mad:

In VGS, at least the sound is smooth...

Is there a driver that works well with ePSXe? The sounds are just horrible after listening to the sound in VGS.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Other than the internal plugin, which does VERY loud cracks occasionally (usually at the beginning of battles), Null2's plugin is the best. The bad part about Null2's plugin is that the latest versions play Mdecs horribly, but the internal plugin plays them flawlessly. So, in other words, it's a tradeoff. There's no perfect plugin on this planet now:) (or at least as far as I know)

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you enable vag streaming in null's plugin that fixes that choppy mdec sound.......at least it did for me in all tha versions of his plugin that i used it always worked

S

·
0 Posts
You also might want to try Pete's Midas plugin. I am using it and it sounds great w/nearly everything I've tried. What Tidus said about SPU plugins is true, none of them are perfect, but give them time. perhaps PSX sound and music is like SNES sound and music, very very hard to get just right.:(
BTW I am using a Sound Blaster Live value also.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
You also might want to try Pete's Midas plugin. I am using it and it sounds great w/nearly everything I've tried. What Tidus said about SPU plugins is true, none of them are perfect, but give them time. perhaps PSX sound and music is like SNES sound and music, very very hard to get just right.:(
BTW I am using a Sound Blaster Live value also.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Um, sx, not to be rude or anything, but he didn't like Pete's plugins in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts