Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is, in your 'humble' opinion, the best song ever in a game/store. Here's the catch... it can't have words! Valid example: boss theme from FFVII. Invalid example: O McDonald. Please reply; I'm curious. :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I can't decide between these 3 songs:
Silent Light (Chrono Trigger)
Rosa's Theme/Love Theme (Final Fantasy IV)
Streets of Rage intro music

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
hmm, no words, huh?

for me it's the Balamb Garden theme in FFVIII. :)

also, the Ending theme in FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX. you know, the one that accompanies the ending credits. :)

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Sonic 3 boss theme!! :D :D :D :D :D

Close 2nd: Aerith's theme from FFVII (so sad :( )

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
The music from ff2 to ff9.. Too many good songs.. I have heard some of the Orchestrated FF music and they are great too.. Actually I have some of them on some mp3 cds which I play off my mp3 cd player.. Listening to game orchestrated game music.. hehe.. Crono trigger music is also tight.. legend of mana.. Axelay.. SOR1 and 2.. Lunar2.. Would you guys like it if we were able to upload midi music for others to listen to via a play button? Or even a wma file of a small protion of the music to play.. You could probably get a wma file 200 k or lower using 64 kilobyte compression with a pretty good length.. I guess I can't really say which one is my favorite.. There is too many great ones.. Dont get me wrong though.. I listen to mainstream music too.. Got 10 cds full of mp3s..

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well... let me think...

Theme from Fishermans Horizon in FFVIII
Chocobo from FFIII (They're all good but i like this one the better)
Intro music of Crono Cross
Ending Theme of FFIX (Melodies of Life)
Ending Theme of FVIII (Not "Eyes on Me" but that one when the credits are playing)
World Music of FFIX is also good.
World Music of Crono Cross.

I don't know why but i hated the Eyes on Me of FFVIII.
World Music of FFIX is also good.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ack! Not Old McDonald! :D
But 'seriously', the best song I've ever heard for a game was the opening of Chrono Cross (time's scar). In fact, I can't help but watch the entire intro of CC every time I play it! Sonic Boss Fight is also nice.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Final Fantasy IX's Crystal Theme. I have 2 techno remixes of it :D Either that or the end theme of Zelda: Link's Awakening... so sad :(

Best song outside of a video game: "In The End" - Linkin Park

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
Best song outside of a video game: "In The End" - Linkin Park
Songs with words dinnae coun't :p

For me, best out of video game song is the Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I know, I know... but if you wanna do instrumental, I'd say "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber. My classical music knowledge is pretty limited, but this is one of the saddest and most emotional pieces I've ever heard (especially the choral version a la Homeworld).

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Kenshin Ikedaya the "fight" song , one of the best ! Or DB Z background music also good , the theme music of FF 8 (Exelent) .

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Speaking of FFVIII, Faye Wong was a guest at Last Saturday's PopJam on NHK 2...and she sang the most beautiful version of "Eyes on Me" I've heard yet. Wouldn't have missed it for anything. :)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts