Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys do any of you use any of those racing wheel sets to play racing games like granturismo?I have never used one before and would like to know if they are worth getting.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't own a PS2 but I do own a Dreamcast with some racing games and a steering wheel. And if you play a lot of racing games you should definately get one! I bought mine on ebay really cheap, and it was new in box (5 euros, thrustmaster ;)) So you might want to check Ebay out for one as well :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
kuaikukia said:
Using steering wheel is far more enjoyable than using a joypad. That's for sure.
Depends on the game :p

The only thing I found out when playing Metropolis Street Racer (the prequel to Project Gotham Racing) was that I am able to get way more Kudos when I play it with a normal controller :( But I enjoy it more with the steer :D

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
n_w is right. Logitech makes the best racing wheels for the PS2, and the PC as well (but for PC there are many other great ones)

Basically, a few years back I bought one of those Mad Catz steering wheels. Sure it was only $30.00 but it should have been in the garbage. The worst wheel ever! Never buy anything from those really cheap 3rd party companies. Egh! Worst wheel ever.

So uh, buy the logitech. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts