Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is just a collection of quotes that I've came up with, Post your own original quotes

History is a collection of coincidences.

Everyone is the hero of thier own story

Don't work hard, Work smart

It dosn't matter how you do something as long as it gets done

We all belive only what we want to belive and reject the rest as lies

History is remembered as what we want to remember it as

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
How about this one :D Thou shalt use the search function ^^

Aw well... I really like Bertrand Russel's quotes, for example

No one gossips about other people's secret virtues.

Few people can be happy unless they hate some other person, nation, or creed.

The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy -- I mean that if you are happy you will be good.

One should respect public opinion in so far as it is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny.

About my own:

Everything in this world can be broadly described as a cause reaction effect, therefore, everything can be reduced through the use of sylogisms. As such, it can be expressed through boolean algebra. And by further reduction, there is nothing in this world, from feelings to the beauty of a sunset, that cannot be expressed through a string of 0's and 1's

·
Registered
359 Posts
“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country” — a famous quote by an Irish-American president, John F. Kennedy, that inspired an entire generation.
To my surprise These words were first written by, among others, the Arab American author of “The Prophet,” Kahlil Gibran. And that sentiment, so beautifully expressed by Gibran more than 70 years ago, has inspired Americans of all heritages.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hmm... maybe we should add some of these into the quote rotation script on NGEmu's main page. Those quotes are getting a bit old...

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
my favourite quotes are all here http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Famous_last_words

basically its all famous last words

"My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go."

* Who: Oscar Wilde
* Notes: Mr. Wilde said this in the Left Bank hotel where he died on November 30 1900, the wallpaper has since been removed and the room re-furnished in the style of one of Mr. Wilde's London flats.

* "I'm all right."
o Who: H. G. Wells

"I have a terrible headache."

* Who: Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"Tvert imot!"

* Who: Henrik Ibsen
* Translation: "On the contrary!"
* Notes: This was his answer to the nurse who said she thought he looked better than usual. (Just before he died)

"Wait a minute..."

* Who: Pope Alexander VI

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
best quote ever...my friend brian wrote this down somewhere and i read it later.

"I hate quotes"
-Brian Rhoads

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
D'OH! - Homer Simpson

It's easier to live alone, than fear the time it's over - Tony Kakko (singer of Sonata Arctica, a metal band)

I walk to my own song
Every day the power grows stronger in me
I walk to my own song
Head up proud
I'm the master of my own destiny
(Stratovarius - I walk to my own song)

A lot of quotes I also use as MSN signatures are from lyrics of metal songs.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
"There's only three sorts of people: Those who can count and those who cannot."

and a similar one:

"There's only 10 sorts of people: Those who know binary and those who don't."

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't want to regret not having done something later. - Cid, Final Fantasy VII

You start worrying and there's no stopping it! Things
just start falling apart and get worse and worse. - Cid, Final Fantasy VII

A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool. - Reno, Final Fantasy VII

All of these hold a certain truth IMHO. I also found some other ones :p :

You spoony bard!
- Tellah FF4

"Sit down and drink your goddamn TEA!"
- Cid from FF7

·
Registered
416 Posts
ô_O i read this in a chat:

male user: " are u a girl? "
female user: " -.-' ... maybe, i have sometimes a penis between my legs... but normally yes! -_- "

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
There're several threads like this one scattered around in the forums. I'll just give a few random quotes from Magic the Gathering cards:

"You are wrong," Volrath said. "I do not hate the living. They often prove quite useful to me." And then he laughed. - Blood Pet

"Grief is as useless as love." - Bereavement

"Once I dreamt of death, but now it dreams of me / And only rats and rotting flesh can hear my silent plea." - Crypt Rats

“Crovax gazed upon the dead, and for one dark moment he saw a banquet.” - Dregs of Sorrow

“Even the putrid muscles of the dead can provide strength to those loathsome enough to consume them.” - Eater of the Dead

"I will flay the skin from your flesh and the flesh from your bones and scrape your bones dry. And still you will not have suffered enough." - Hatred

"Your headstone is the last page in the book of your life." - Headstone

"The end justifies the means. What do I care if I rule over the dead rather than over the living? The dead ask fewer questions." - Kaervek’s Spite

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't." - Mischievous Poltergeist

"You will learn to earn death." - Reanimate

“People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then." - Soldevi Adnate

"So the vulture said to the griffin, 'You gonna eat that?"' - Wake of Vultures

"I shall make walls of their flesh, and their blood will be my mortar." - Wall of Corpses

"Pick a shell upon my shore and put it to your ear. That sound isn't the sea, but the whispers of the fallen." - Zombie Scavengers

“Life and death are two faces of the same coin.” - Energy Bolt

“The silence commemorates not those who've died, but those about to.” - Moment of Silence

"The sanctity of poverty is an invention of the rich." - Dream Cache

"Madness and genius are separated only by degrees of success." - Inspiration

"Oh, I had a conscience once. But alas, I seem to have forgotten where I put it." - Memory Lapse

“Those who know do not talk. Those who talk do not know.” - Sage’s Knowledge

"Time may heal all wounds, but what heals time?" - Time and Tide

“Sometimes quantity, in the absence of quality, is good enough.” - Bedlam

“Hope of deliverance is scorched by the fire of futility.” - Kindle

"What cats bury, dogs eat." - Lava Hounds

“You must sing slaughter and dance death.” - Song of Blood

“Love is like a rhino, short-sighted and hasty; if it cannot find a way, it will make a way.” - Crash of Rhinos

"It is not that you will go mad. It is that you will beg for madness." - Altar of Dementia

"Pain is a crude way to enforce obedience, but it is cheap and plentiful." - Bullwhip

"Eternal life or your money back." - Elixir of Vitality

"This has nothing to do with what you know and everything to do with what I wish." - Scalding Tongs

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
ok this quote is from tony montana from scarface: "I want what's coming to me"
tony's freind:"yeah what then"
tony(scarface):"the world and everything in it"

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Life is chaos, you gotta deal with it.
-Max Cavelera, Sepultura

No Hope=No Fear. Base not your joy upon the deeds of others, for what is given can also be taken away.
-Pete Steele, Type O Negative

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
- Or else.
- Or else what?
- Exactly.
South Park
----------------
"Resistance is futile" - by the Borg. Star Trek: First Contact

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

"Friends can only stop you from falling down on a cliff, but it's up to you to pull yourself back at the top"

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

"If you think you can win, you can win. Faith is necessary to victory."
William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

"What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?"
Irv Kupcinet

"He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.
"
Ali ibn Abitalib (602 AD - 661 AD)

Yours,
-Elly

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Another batch. Now a few religious quotes :evil:

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
- Isaac Asimov

Faith is powerful enough to immunize people against all appeals to pity, to forgiveness, to decent human feelings. It even immunizes them against fear, if they honestly believe that a martyr's death will send them straight to heaven.
- Richard Dawkins

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

We are here because one odd group of fishes had a peculiar fin anatomy that could transform into legs for terrestrial creatures; because the earth never froze entirely during an ice age; because a small and tenuous species, arising in Africa a quarter of a million years ago, has managed, so far, to survive by hook and by crook. We may yearn for a higher answer -- but none exists.
- Stephen Jay Gould

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
- Bertrand Russell

Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines.
- Bertrand Russell

Good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But for good people to do bad things -- that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg

I am an atheist because there is no evidence for the existence of God. That should be all that needs to be said about it: no evidence, no belief.
- Dan Barker

There has been a rumor in recent years to the effect that I have become less opposed to religious orthodoxy than I formerly was. This rumor is totally without foundation. I think all the great religions of the world- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, and Communism- both untrue and harmful.
- Bertrand Russell

1 - 20 of 54 Posts