Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite new to PSX emu scene but from what i have learnd latest EPSX is the best emu out...
I am only looking to play mainly Gran Turismo 1 and 2 PAL. I Have tried out most available emu`s and so far i got GT 1 working only on the demo version of BLEEM! I have hardly gotten any other emu to work. What are the best plugins for EPSX for my system? I got Athlon 1000, GeForce 1, IDE Cd rom 40, Win ME. And Yes i got the Bios in the correct folder. Only thing i have gotten to show some results is a demo cd even it does not work well.
Or should i buy full version of BLEEM!?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know what it feels like to have no one to reply to a post, especially when you're new and nobody knows you, so I thought I'd try and help.

Do not purchase Bleem. It has not been updated since 1999 and randy (creator) can't even confirm if there will be a new version, so forget that. If I were you, I wouldn't buy VGS from www.conectix.com either. It is an awsome psx emulator though and I use it for almost every game. It was bought by Sony and you have till June 30 (I think) to purchase it. There will probably be no updates either. If you want simplicity though at its finest, i'd go and but it. None of this plugin stuff, put in a game and it will probably work. Anyway, enough rambling, I just love VGS to much, obn to ePSXe.

For free emulatores though, definately use ePSXe. It rocks. Best for you? Go to www.aldostools.com for a start and download the plugin pack (if you haven't already done that). Than use Pete's D3D 1.50 plugin for graphics, Pete's cd-rom plugin for cd drive. You should use one of pete's sound plugins or null's plugins for sound in most games. Make sure using the 1001 bios, it's pretty good. There's another one that works to, read the manual. You'll probably still have trouble running GT1 PAL though and I haven't played GT2 (I'm so ashamed). If you can't get GT1 working, try different graphic plugins. I got it working in another emu with one of pete's graphic plugins. Thats pretty much it. Any other problems just post back here and I'll try and help!
Later!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

Thanks for helping! I have GT 1 almost fully working now but after a few minutes trying plugins. The sound is a bit choppy but i dont care. I prefer listening to Iron Maiden while playing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts