Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a question. i want to play ff9 and since i dont have a playstation and it isnt coming to pc i was wondering what the best psx emulator is for it. i would prefer a free one but i wont like to know what everyone think of each one for ff9. also put where you can download each one. thanks!

---------------
My Specs...
PIII 800mhz
256mb ram
sound blaster live value
geforce2 pro(32mb)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well if you want an emu that plays FF9 I'd recommend ePSXe, you can download the ePSXe installer @ PSXEmu , and for the BIOS which is needed to run the emu just type scph7502 in the search bar of your favorite search engine and you'll find lots of sites.
And don't ask for it here or you'll be immediately banned as it's illegal to distribute BIOS rom images...
For how to configure ePSXe check the ePSXe FAQ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wont let me d/l installer

it says 404 file not found when i try to d/l the installer, why?!?!?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm....

yeah, rargh is right, tell me everything i need to know to run it smoothly.

and i dont know why the link wont work for me, i can click on the link you gave me but then when i click on the link for the installer (http://www.psxemu.com/epsxe/download/ePSXe120 Installer.exe) it gives me this message:
"The file you requested, /epsxe/download/ePSXe120Installer.exe, does not exist.

The file has probably been moved to a new location. Please inform the webmaster that the link to
/epsxe/download/ePSXe120Installer.exe on http://www.psxemu.com/epsxe-download.shtml is no longer valid."

so i dont know if it is just my network that i am on or what. so hopefully someone can help me.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
k dude

for the gpu plugin choose pete s OGL 1.49
(W/ your comp, it should be no problem.)

Choose also null 1.34 spu (not 1.35 if U don t want to see choppy MDECS)

take the internal cdr driver.But I highly recommend U to make an iso.....

Just read the docs/faqs for configuring it (I can put some cfg if U want to.)

Do U really can t d/l on the psxemu website????

well try other sites like www.arcadeathome.com
U should find it easily...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

thanks rargh, that site worked, but it wasnt the installer, just the zip file, but i guess it will work.
i got pete's ogl plugin, and null's spu

what is the name of the internal cdr driver, i didnt see it...(i'm looking on the epsxe part of psxemu.com)

and also i saw they had controller plugins, do i need any of those?

if you want to put some cfg you can, if you want to make it simple for me since i'm a newbie with psx emu's (i've used snes but not psx)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
internal and controller are actually within epsxe..you dont need to download them but they must be configured prior to use..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well the name of the internal cdr griver is ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.0.1

But play w/ an iso!!!!!!!!(The greatest speed U can experience)

and for the Pad plugin,
nope U don t need to have one...ePSXe has its own plugin.(very good tough)

If u want me to explain the cfg please drop me a line !!:)

U re welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k

k i feel really stupid and all but what is "iso" that you want me to use? sorry bout all the questions, but i guess that is why this forum is here!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No problem!
U re totally right :D

An iso is a backup of a psx cd in the hard drive (can the word "image" being used in english :D ??)

U can do it w/ software such as CDR -win ; isobuster..etc

I use cdr win and it works perfectly...
Just make an iso of ff9 and open it in ePSXe w/ "run iso"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, i am currently downloading cdr win, do i need a burner to be able to use it? if so i might have to wait till i have access to one. do you still need the psx cd after you make the iso?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
you do not need a burner to use cdr win. you just wont be able to use it to write cdrs.
as for the psx cd, you dont need it anymore if you dumped it correctly. but its always good to kepp it around if you dont want it on your hdd anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok guys thanks for all the help, i think i have everthing i need to know, if i need help i will ask again. i'll get back to you after this weekend on how everything went. thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, well i got all the stuff and am going to try it out this weekend. wish me luck! and if anything goes wrong i'll ask you guys. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! why????
my video store doesnt have ff9!
is this normal? i have never tried to rent a playstation game before. do they only let you rent them after the game has been out a long time or what? grrrr....

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Rental games usually appear after they are out in retail stores, but...uh...Final Fantasy 9 SHOULD be in any/all rental stores by now (unless the owners don't like making money). Maybe all of the copies they had in were already rented by other people?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.