Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's the Codec you have to worry about, not the program.

I recommend the Xvid codec

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts

Short story, use SUPER. Easiest to use, and still providing very high quality (though not as tinkerable with as the more specialized authoring apps).
MediaCoder isnt bad either, but the convenience of SUPER and its integrating of various separate apps in an easy to use package makes it the more recommended one.

If you want the very best quality (unnoticeable to the eye, then Pegasys has a commercial hughgrade mpg2 encoder for around 69 $, if I remember correctly)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
oops...bah...I thought when I first read his post for some strange reason that he was looking to re-encode MPEG2 into a smaller file format...something which Xvid fits the bill for...

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
The best/fast one to convert to mpeg-4 is X-MPEG. Plnetily tinkerable with, too, along with including set profiles to achieve highgrades encodes.

Welcome to XMPEG.net

Needless to precise, these are withing the reach of normal users (SUPER is a bit useless to more advanced groups, as they play directly with every part of the encoding chain, for the very nicest looking encodes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts