Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have an eee pc 1000h netbook and i'm trying to get epsxe running well for final fantasy 7/8/9 and metal gear solid on the go. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best combination of plugins and settings that would give me the best performance, graphics don't matter.

Right now I'm using petes d3d 1.77 and the internal sound plugin while testing on final fantasy 7. It works fine when walking around, running at normal fps, but there are a few problems. There seems to be some sort of texture corruption where tiny red and green dots/lines appear randomly on the background textures. Also, whenever a battle begins it lags for a good 5 seconds before it resumes.

Any fix to this? Are there any lower quality plugins available? I set the performance to fast in the config for the d3d plugin but it still didn't fix it. Also, going to try eternal spu, which is better 1.41 or 1.5beta2?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K thanks, going to try it out. Any idea on the eternal spu and which one is better/more light weight? Or simply, which is the fastest spu plugin in general.

Edit: Also it's an intel 950 integrated video chip if that makes any difference, along with a 1.6ghz intel atom, slightly overclocked, with 2 gb of system ram.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely a lot faster, testing it now, just a few problems. When selecting an enemy with an attack, the hand doesn't appear on them like it's supposed, and instead a small portion of the enemy appears down by the names at the bottom of the screen, right over cloud and barret. Also, about a fourth of the screen, the top right portion, lags behind for some reason on occasion especially when the camera's panning, even with vsync enabled. I turned it down to 16 bit color, going to try messing around with some other options but there doesn't seem to be a lot to tweak.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
make sure frame skipping is disabled and increase the off-screen drawing setting if it is possible to do under whatever your current config is. if neither correct the problem then post a screen shot of how you have the plugin configured and your system specs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.