Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm completely new to the forum and it looks like you all are wildly knowledgeable about emulators. I've been looking for somewhere to go for some help. I hope this is it.

I have been trying to run FFVII and FFIX on my laptop with some errors. I am using the CDs, but would like any info on which programs work best for burning ISOs, since I own both these games. Also, if you could list any additional tools needed for this process, I would appreciate it.

Also, I would appreciate any info on how best to run these two games on my laptop. Here are my specs:

Dell Inspiron 6000
Windows XP MCE
Intel Pentium M @ 1.73GHz
512MB RAM
Widescreen Display
100GB HD
8x DVD+/-RW
ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300 64MB HyperMemory

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
as for making ISOs, check here

anyway, without knowing what errors, i'd say you can use Pete's OpenGL 1.76 (GPU) with the settings below, and Eternal 1.41 for sound.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6800/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im just curious because im new to emulating like this. My only real interest is to play FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX. I am using Petes OGL2 2.8. Can I use the above settings for all three games? Seems like everywhere says to keep texturing off, if your computer could handle would it be good to turn it on?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
I am using Petes OGL2 2.8. Can I use the above settings for all three games?
those sentences contradict themselves :p you cant use those settings above because they are for OGL, which is completely different than OGL2. and even if you did use OGL, you cant use those settings for all 3 games, well you could but it's not optimal.

anyway, if you want to use OGL2, here are the links for you:

FF7
FF8
FF9

PS. would you please stop jacking other people's threads? i already told you about it in the other thread, and now you went and did it again. it's obvious that you need configuration help, right? so you should've made your own thread. it's ok to keep a thread going if it's about the same thing...but you are on a completely different track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.