Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently got a laptop and of course my first thought was... 200 N64 games are going on this baby. The only problem is it has an intel integrated graphics 2 chipset which makes for good compatabilty but poor speed. What I want to know is which plugins are the best for 1964 to have most games run full speed with decent graphics. BTW: pentium m @ 1.4ghz... mind you the thing only wieghs 3 pounds and is 0.8 inches thick so...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Probably Jabo's D3D, it's the most compatible plugin, though, unlike PSX and PS2 emus, N64 emulators don't have software plugins for some reason.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Intel Integrated = good compatibility? Haha.

Try extremely poor compatibility. Intel's integrated (hell, any integrated GPU) sucks so much ass. The Pentium M on the other hand, is fecking awesome. :)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well actually the intel integrated graphics can run almost any game i throw at it. Doom 3, Dawn of war, ground control 2, of course all the old games too. :) I was very suprised it could handle them. It dosen't have hardware pixel shaders so prince of persia won't run but otherwise they all work... just slowly, and I tried Jabo's plugin its fast but has many errors. Wish he would update it, twas a great plugin! :D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well what exact gfx card does it have?Get cpu-z and tell us.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Coolsvilleman already said what graphics card the laptop has and CPU-Z doesn't tell you what graphics card your PC has :p.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts