Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is meant to be a starting point to use with various games in whatever Emulator one would choose (most would use EPSXE depending on the game).

Two games I have, in question, are both of the Lunar games for PSX, Silver Star Story Complete, and Eternal Blue complete.

For simplicity's sake, I could post my plugin specs, but it's basically PEOPS set to fast, with the Lunar fix checked.

Problems stem from what seems to be the movies not showing up completely. There are black lines along 2 sides of the borders (the right border and the bottom border, as I recall).

It's been suggested that I run the plugin using 2xSAI, but the FPS plummets like the Wachoski brothers credibility after the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies.

Later on, I might keep it in this topic, or move it to another one, but there's also the issue of Chrono Cross running slow with OGL2 on my PC, but that's not a huge issue since I haven't played it in a while, though it may help people who are having similar problems.

Before I break off on another tangent, I might as well hit the submit post button, eh?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you should be able to use OGL2 and OGL with no problems. what videocard drivers are you using?

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using Catalyst 4.8. I figured if I was going to be playing either Lunar, I should be playing it with PEOPS as the games are predominately sprite based, and 2d, and therefore needing a software plugin more than anything.

If I am wrong in this thinking, then perhaps I need to see the light... any help is indeed appreciated.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No matter what I do with the stretching options, the FMVs have the odd missing of the picture to the left and up as you can see from my snapshot. Perhaps this picture may shine some light on things.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
did you try the Lunar special game fix? im not sure if it's specifically for SSSC but, you could always try.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed I did, the game fix is for in game, when even if you're in town, everything will be black. I guess it's not really an issue, but it's just a little odd not seeing the FMV show up completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts