Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i would use paintshop pro 8 but it requires me to install internet explorer6 and i don't want to do that so is there any programs which are like photoshopcs 8.0 and paintshop that will let me compress my images in jpg format without needing to install anything else but the program itself?

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
GIMP is a free image editing tool...

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Gimp SUCKS. It's very powerful, but the interface is HORRIBLE. In addition, you have to install GTK before you can install gimp.
Try to find a copy of PSP7. It shouldn't require IE (although I don't know for certain since IE is always on my comp. I'm not willing to try uninstalling it, lest it render windows useless), and is better than PSP8/9 anyway. (PSP 8/9 are very bloated, and have a poor interface.)
You can also check out the various progs here: http://snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwgraphicedit.html
Pixia and photo filtre are good choices.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
But GIMP is free... but the interface REALLY sucks. How can anyone came up with such horrible interface :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I myself have tried a couple of paint apps.
MSPaint now has JPEG support, but you can't set the compression.
PSP 8/9 are overly heavy, and the same can be said for Adobe Photoshop. PS is all well and good when you need crap loads of features, but fro someone like me....
GIMP was alright, but as mentioned, the interface is a little unwieldy and you have to install that GTK thing.
PSP7 is what I'vve used for ages now. Fast and with enough features to do whatever I need to.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have installed gimp,pretty good:0,i just need to read guides on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts