Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Im not new to emulation but I have somequestions about emulation on the DC. I have seen it run Divx movies, but info about those players is atleast a year old. So I am asking which player is best for a non overclocked DC. Also with Nester being in the new recently do you think it will revive* interest in the DC. I mean Sega is even sellin refurbs of it in Japan now so some ppl must like it lol

*EDITED FOR SPELLING :)

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
To put it in a simple way: There is no need for new info because no new versions of any DivX player have been released, so even though it's a year old, it is not outdated. I think DCdivX was the best DivX player, but you need to do some pretty good encoding before you'll be able to get a movie running at acceptable speed/quality. There are some good tutorials on it, but to me personally, it ain't worth the hassle because it's easier to just watch DivX on your pc. (and use tv out)

It will save you time, a cd-r, and possibly frustration...

And I think the new Nester certainly will draw some attention to the DC. It's good to show others who are not familiar with the DC scene that it's still alive and that the console still has potential. IMO buying a DC is a very good and cheap alternative compared to the big 3 or a next gen console. If you don't care about playing the latest games and having HD graphics and 5.1 sound, you can have fun with it ;)

I'm glad Bobbi is posting DC news on the mainpage, because this will let others know about the recent activity in the scene, and it might inspire others to buy a DC as it did me.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we do owe Bobbi a big thanks for letting DC new still find it's way to NGEMU. As for the info being old but not outdated it makes since and yes it is alot easier to play divx on a computer with tv out but how many ppl can say " I watched Family Guy on my Dreamcast." As for me I trying to cause a small spark that will maybe bring in ppl that are more talented than my self at programming and such into the DC area. Even though it is older it still has use, and there was even some progress with PSX emulation so this system isnt dead by any means it is just kinda well laying in trash waitng for a kind soul to care of it lol. I have checked almost every board/website I can find with DC info on it I plan to archive them because a lot of How to's are already meeting the grimm reaper.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
The only way to impress others will be by showing good quality DivX, otherwise they will point at their Xbox telling it can do so much more.... with illegal SDK's :p

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im looking at it this way. For 15 bucks US you could A: go see a movie and eat dinner. OR B: buy a dreamcast. lol Maybe us 3 can cause a spark. As for the xbox in about 6 months it will go the way of our beloved dreamcasts.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I don't know what the Xbox scene is like, but the system is very suitable for homebrew and I know a few people who play emulation and everything on their Xbox. I think the Xbox scene will live on for quite a while, unlike the PS2 and Cube emuscenes, if there even are any...

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree the xbox emu scene hasent really gotten old yet in fact I say about another year till major projects are done/annocued. Any way I guess this can be the DC fan forums lol. I saw where you posted the news on n64 on the DC if you like I could have a human translation tomorrow from my spanish teacher..She is a dreamcast fan :D lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.