Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm making a htpc for old school gaming. Can anyone recommend the best nes emulator that wouldn't require use of a mouse to load from rom to rom (i.e. file>load>taken to outside folder ) I plan on having an mce remote and ps2 controllers. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
An alternative suggestion to relying on the functions of an emulator, is to use mouse capturing software (not sure if this is the right name for it, havent really used them in a while), i forget the name of the one i used in a presentation once for a purpose not so similar and map these functions to a hotkey for each specific game, and HAZZAH!. But just make sure to test it on the computer first, otherwise you could be left in an embarasing situation.

This is ofcourse if you can install or unzip applilications into your home directory in school, but since your using emulators there i will assume that there policys arent very strict.

edit:damn, never noticed the ps2 controler part of this problem, well then

right this is just an idea, which i dont know if it will work properly so you might want to have a look a glovepie script to get the annolog sticks acting as a mouse activated with a hotkey on the controler mabie, dont ask me how.

or alternatively, you could take squalls more sensible advice which i just noteced and use jnes if it works. wow i wasted all that time for nothing.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Well, you can always use your ps2 pad as a mouse. I was doin this on my bros netbook (touchpads very tiny) lots of programs can do this, i think mine was called padtomouse? im not sure. easy to find though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.