1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
moving to game/console disc.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I grew up with Nintendo so I'm no expert, but these spring to mind (I haven't played all of these but I've heard that they're good):

- Metal Gear Solid 1
- Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9
- Alundra (The Adventures Of)
- Xenogears
- Parasite Eve 1 and 2
- Tomba
- Silent Hill series
- Wipe Out
- Tekken series
- Resident Evil 2 and 3
- Castlevania series

Also, check out IGN. They always have some good suggestions.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere (best game ever for me and for ps :p)
Legend of Dragoon (fav RPG)
Xenogears
Toshinden 3/4
Bloody Roar 2
Soul Blade
Crash Bandicot games
FF series

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
most of the popular have been mentioned,

so heres some more,

Yes some of these are not the most manly of games, i know.

einhander
persona 2
intellegent cube (looks simple, but its addicting)
star ocean 2
ff tactics
crash bandicoot (sp?) 2-3
valkyle profile,
r type (forgot the full name of this one)
chrono cross
tekken 3
street fighter vs capcom
if i remember rightly arc the lad
legacy of kain series (blood omen (dont know if blood omen works btw, last time i tested it didnt but why not) and soul reaver)

you know what i may need to know what games you like to make a decision, because i have more suggestions but i cant really be bothered right now.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
There are a great number of solid PSX games to buy, it depends on the genres of games you like and how much you are willing to spend on them.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to check out 2nd hand stores, I've scored a number of decent Playstation games cheap from Goodwill and Salvation Army. The last goodies being a Resident Evil 3, in case with Documentation for ~$3.00.

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
most of the popular have been mentioned,

so heres some more,

Yes some of these are not the most manly of games, i know.

einhander
persona 2
intellegent cube (looks simple, but its addicting)
star ocean 2
ff tactics
crash bandicoot (sp?) 2-3
valkyle profile,
r type (forgot the full name of this one)
chrono cross
tekken 3
street fighter vs capcom
if i remember rightly arc the lad
legacy of kain series (blood omen (dont know if blood omen works btw, last time i tested it didnt but why not) and soul reaver)

you know what i may need to know what games you like to make a decision, because i have more suggestions but i cant really be bothered right now.
I thought ff tactics is a GBA game xD

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
We can write down full lists of people's favorites, but I think it'd help a lot if you could say what type of games have your interest, any genres in specific?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned any Twisted Metal games, or even Gran Turismo (at least 2) for that matter.

Also, all three Resident Evil games are good, not just the second and third. Besides Code Veronica, those are the only three Resident Evil games I even like and consider "real" Resident Evil games. Play the first three if you want to play the real series.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah Hoshigami ain't that fun. Honestly most of my favorite games for the ps1 rpg wise are too expensive to buy now. But yeah if you can buy games like Twisted Metal 2 for cheap thats really fun game.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ahahaha hoshigami isn't fun, i also realize that :)

btw maybe he would like to try Dino Crisis 2? it is a good game unlike the first Dino Crisis

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.