Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never play any of the games in the doom series.

Whats the best game you have not play?

In other words a game that has been praise as a great game, has had high review scores, or had good sales.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Best is an opinion. You can't really make a valid opinion on something you haven't played. But most praised games i've never played any of would probably be any tim schaffer games (monkey island games, psychonauts, grim fandango).

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Yeah, agreed, you can't judge if the game is one of the bests without playing it :p

Though, I have to admit that's I'd really like to play any of the new Resident Evil games
(when I mean new, I mean post-dreamcast :(), and all the Final Fantasy games that came after FF9... ah, and Xenosaga too

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
i haven't played halo 2
but i don't care 'cause i'm not a fan of the shooters
what i would like to play is World of Warcraft

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
The best games I've yet to play... well I've almost finished Jak 3 so I guess I want to play Jak and Daxter and Jak 2 after that.

The Jak series and Ratchet and Clank series rule!... though Ratchet and Clank 3 gets impossibly hard towards the end...

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
I haven't played most of the Tom Clancy games, I've "played Halo 1/2" in a kiosk although I don't count that as "playing" it. I still have to play Knights of the Old Republic, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Max Payne 2, Fable...
There are a lot of *great* games I haven't played...

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Tales of Symphonia!!... I'm a big fan of the Tales series but since I don't have any console newer than a NES it has been quite a problem.... solved by emulation :p

I'd also want to play the Tales of Phantasia remake... I guess I have to check if my Japanese is good enough now :p

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
(monkey island games, psychonauts, grim fandango).
You HAVE to play those :p

Hmm, a few games i havent played are ffx, ffxi, lord of the rings: the third age, gladius, fable (though it is getting ported to pc :)) and just for fun i'd like to try out all those jak and daxter / sly cooper / ratchet and clank games

edit: oh and splinter cell: Chaos Theory

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
I haven't played any Zelda game or Mario games since the SNES period. I really want to get a Gamecube. Too many quality games on that system.

I haven't played Halo 2 neither. I haven't played any Final Fantasy game besides X, X-2 and VIII.

I haven't played any Warcraft games or any MMORPG. They don't really interest me though.

I haven't played Gran Turismo 4. I haven't played Ninja Gaiden. (thinks of more later)

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Yeah, too bad it'd be pretty expensive to get Zelda:WW with OOT and MM... I bouth the system with them added for free...
Some places sell it with Zelda:WW *or another $20 game* free...which is $50 less than I paid for mine...
The 'Cube's a good system...

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Xbox: Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon
PC: EverQuest, Sims, Wolfenstein... and a lot of others.
GC: Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. havent played anything on GC.

These are just what i can remember atm..

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Strider said:
You HAVE to play those :p

Hmm, a few games i havent played are ffx, ffxi, lord of the rings: the third age, gladius, fable (though it is getting ported to pc :)) and just for fun i'd like to try out all those jak and daxter / sly cooper / ratchet and clank games

edit: oh and splinter cell: Chaos Theory
Agreed... The Monkey Island games are still top of the line. In Fact all the old lucasarts Graphic adventures are awesome.. The one I completed most recently (The Dig) as very fullfilling...

·
Registered
34 Posts
dpence said:
Agreed... The Monkey Island games are still top of the line. In Fact all the old lucasarts Graphic adventures are awesome.. The one I completed most recently (The Dig) as very fullfilling...
agreed! I played the dig last summer, I managed to run down a used copy of it!!! really a great game, amazing soundtrack. not as humourus as the other old lucasarts games though... the monkey island series will always have a special place in my heart as a grew up with them (especially 1 and 2)...
anyway, great games I haven't played yet..
I want to try fable, and the new elder scrolls although that won't be released till xmas and I am getting off topic now :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well I still have to play all Sillent Hill games except first part which I really enjoyed. Then I got a PC port of SH 2, which many people think of as the best one of the serie, but I got scared away by a lousy port... Heh, the only good PC ports that I got across with where Final Fantasy 7,8 and Sonic Heroes. Never played SH 3 or 4 for even 5 minutes.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Good games I didn't play yet...

Yes the PS2 Silent Hill games are pretty scary, that's maybe the reason why I didn't play them, yet... :emb:
Other top notch games might be the Metroid series right away (I once started playing Super Metroid, but never finished it...) or the Shadow Hearts series or the ZOE series.

There are simply too many games you watch others play.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i never/cant play/ed harvest moon for girls, because it's only japanese T-T

and i would like to try eye-toy and singstar someday ... xD

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
>> Yes the PS2 Silent Hill games are pretty scary, that's maybe the reason why I didn't play them, yet...

The Xbox and PC versions are even better :)
And you should play them BECAUSE it'sscary ;)

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Mr. Killjoy said:
>> Yes the PS2 Silent Hill games are pretty scary, that's maybe the reason why I didn't play them, yet...

The Xbox and PC versions are even better :)
And you should play them BECAUSE it'sscary ;)
I know, but SH1 already scared me to death (really!), I don't know why. Just thinking about walking through a dark hallway, entering a door, hearing the radio going berserk and those stupid monsters grunting... The school was definitely the most annoying place in the whole game, because those demon children were just everywhere!

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
*adds more*

I haven't played Resident Evil 4. I've never played the original Metal Gear. I should really play more classic games now that I'm conscious they exist unlike when I was younger like Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, any Shining Force and Phantasy Star game, Streets of Rage III (I've played one and two), Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Xenogears, Splatterhouse, Sonic CD, Slipheed, Snatcher, and Virtua Racing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts