Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

I would like to see the intros of games that you consider to be the best.

I will start by putting this one.

As I posted in another thread. When I saw this intro when I was a little kid, I was in awe.

And the thing is that this was a very difficult game too, like a lot of Nes games.

·
Curiously Cheddar
4,521 Posts
Call me a fanboy, but the FFVIII intro absolutely blew me away, and it still does till this very day. It'll take something simply outstanding to top this:

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Full Throttle Intro

Keep in mind this came out in 1995 when people were playing worms in DOS.

A must watch
This video cuts off a little bit of the beginning which sets up the plot, and starts at the music vid part. But i was concerned people would go meh this is only average and not watch to the part with the cool music video.

·
Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
I see your Okami and raise Devil May Cry 3:

(Quality sucks, but best I could find on a quick search. Enabling HQ should help)

I tried to check the Okami intro but I could not stand the gibberish at the beginning.
Okami isn't the first to use gibberish for speech. Check out Banjo-Kazooie. The only difference is, Okami had WAY more dialogue, so the amount of gibberish was bigger. However, it helps keep the mood of the game, to be honest. Okami wouldn't be Okami(just as Banjo wouldn't be Banjo) without the gibberish.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Seeing the Warcraft 1 intro video on my 486 was an epic moment.

Blizzard has always had really epic intros

The starcraft broodwars intro from 1998 was so epic (people who've never seen this excuse the dated CG this was back in 1998)

Bahaha and that reminds me of this video from broodwars... its not an intro, but its so awesome. Kind of a play off the news casts of starship troopers, which is itself a play off of old ww2 american propaganda news reels.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.