Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally gave in and decided that it would probably for the best if i got a firewall, and since your all smart people, and i am a cheap person who will get practically nothing unless its free (security wise), i was wanting to ask you all, what are the best free firewalls.

yes i know i can get this from a google search, but heres where this question differs (slightely that is), i was wanting one that uses the least recources, not the one that provides the absolute best protection because i am on a rather low spec laptop at the moment and well i dont want to be bogged down that much.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, I use Zonealarm on my PC and Sunbelt on my laptop(because zonealarm and the F-secure that I have on it don't like each other)... Both are pretty easy to use and work better than the failtastic windows crapwall.

Seriously, it lets all kind of crap through...

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Well, I use Zonealarm on my PC and Sunbelt on my laptop(because zonealarm and the F-secure that I have on it don't like each other)... Both are pretty easy to use and work better than the failtastic windows crapwall.

Seriously, it lets all kind of crap through...
zonealarm is a resource hog.

If you really want one, you could try COMODO.
i'm re-downloading the set up for that since last time i tried installing it, all i got was blank boxes that did nothing when i tried installing it.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
I've been using Comodo firewall and while some review hailed this as the best firewall, the thing I like is the ease of usability; blocking app, IP, mac, showing log, etc is trivially easy, and the memory consumption is... let's see, mine is currently running eating about 5MB total of 2 processes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.