Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought bleem so that i could play metel gear solid. It plays pretty bad especially on the cut scenes. I have a p3 450 128mb ram adn a geForce 2. What emulator should i choose to play mgs on my system?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
First of all, be patient.... 7 minutes? There are too many posts here that a lag time in replying is to be expected.... :)

Secondly, use ePSXe, which is free and generally superior to bleem! However it is a little bit more complicated to configure than bleem!

Thirdly, try to use the "search" function on this msg board.... a lot of questions on plugin configuration n' stuff has been covered here, and there are already a number of threads on getting MGS running well on ePSXe.

And last, but not least, welcome and enjoy your stay. :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hi roque,welcome to ngemu
Kairi's reply is quite good.
Neway if you are looking for enhanced graphics you should try epsxe to run mgs (using all the infos you will get after reading the threads about mgs).
But if you dont want enhanced graphics and dont want to waste time in configurations and stuff use cvgs.It will run on your machine quite nicely.

S

·
0 Posts
Impatience will get you no where on these boards. Please be more patient in the future. As was said, ePSXe is the best free emulator out there. VGS is also very good, but has been discontinued and, if you can find it in stores, must be bought and paid for.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
7 Posts
I played MGS all the way through in VGS. No enhanced graphics but perfect sound. I hear though that ePSXe with the Eternal Sound SPU and Pete's Graphic GPU is working wonderfully.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
BTW if you are going to use ePSXe, use Eternal´s SPU for the best sound

1 - 7 of 7 Posts