Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i know i posted this somewhere but i'll repost it just for the hell of it, this is how i beat MGS: Integral.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6800/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000080]

that's important, you want to use OGL1.76 because you can use PC FPS calculation, which makes this game run a lot better.

i also use Eternal SPU with the MGS fix.

and i played off CD with Peops.

also, i used PSXeven but i think you can use any of the emulators.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
djsolidsnake86 said:
i can ask you who is the girl in your avatar :D ?
No, use the pm system for that please. Damnit hushy I knew your sig was going to raise more... eyebrows :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
dammit i always get comments, i had the NORMAL NON KISSING NON NUDE picture of Reina Tanaka and i got comments on her, too. im just a magnet for that crap, people love my sig/ava combos, like seriously...anyway yeah like reich said, next time PM me like everyone else (i seriously have so many PMs asking about my sigs).

ChankastRules: i've said this once, i'll say it a hundred times. just because two girls kiss doesn't mean they're homosexual. i have pictures of my friends kissing in Mexico, they arent lesbians, they were just drunk :p

BACK ON TOPIC

i tried OGL2 for MGS, and i found that it ran really weird no matter what settings i used or what emulator. using PC FPS calc on OGL worked perfectly. i PMed Pete and asked about PC FPS calc in OGL2 but i havent gotten a reply yet :(

you can use OGL2, the settings are more straightforward for that, but you may notice a weird "slow" sensation in the game.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
if you've got a good CPU, then yeah use that.

otherwise, use thread read with a buffer of around 50

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
hmm, that's a POS. you're gonna have to use Eternal Lite for that, and you may want to downgrade to Peops Soft plugin as i dont think your graphics card can handle it.

nah just foolin use what fireblaster_lyz said.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
eternal lite has some options disabled, and it uses a lot less CPU usage at the cost of slightly worse sound quality (it's noticeable).

hushypushy said:
nah just foolin
do you know what that means? :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
anyway, djsolidsnake86, i know exactly what your problem is. you dont listen to me!! use the config that i suggested to you in the second post of this thread, DONT use OGL2, use OGL.

edit: djsolidsnake86, i have received reliable word that every game you are attempting to play is downloaded (i.e. you dont own a single game). this thread is closed, and i ask you to please not make anymore threads for help unless you can prove you've "turned over a new leaf", in other words, buying your games.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.