Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never get around to play Enix's DQ but i heard it's up there Square's Final Fantasy, so would like to venture into at least of of the series in the game...to see how good it is...

which game is the best in the DQ series?
DQ1 - DQ4 - NES
DQ5 - DQ6 - SNES
DQ7 - PS1
DQ8 - PS2
i would like the main series only, don't want the optional one...like DQ Pinball....urgg....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I had play the Dragon Warrior(aka Dragon Quest) from 1 - 7 before. I think Dragon Warrior VII have better graphic(town and dungeon) than the previos one and it storyline is insteresting(testing your brain and patient) among the rest. The playing time is longer than the rest too. XD I going to buy DW 8 when it is released soon. :p

·
Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha...i go thru the intro of DQ4...doesnt really entice me...the hero is a stupid looking old soldier...hahaha....but i go thru DQ6 intro...wow...i instantly loved the music....and the fantastic 'scrolling background' effect...and the shining ray from the sun when u came out from the house...wow...

but alas DQ6 translation so far not complete...only 45% only according to DeJap website...so some menu text is missing...no clue what to do next...

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Don't be fooled by DQ4, it's not just one hero, you get to play as a lot of different characters, and the story has a lot of fun elements! If you're a graphics whore though, I guess you shouldn't play nes games :p

·
Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha...complex games i think need better graphic...not necessarily with super pixel and texture and bump-map and stuffs....graphic like DQ6 suits me well...no complain...DQ5 still have some NES-like graphic...generallly RPG should be meant for 16-bit onwards...imho

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like VI the best, but I can't wait for DQ8!
(I can't wait for that game)
I got my demo in the mail and its awesome, makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyway has any one checked out slimeknights.com

Its an Official Dragon Quest VIII community made for us fans (asuming your one of course) Great stuff.

Anyway, has anyone else got the free demo yet?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Haven't touched a Dragon Warrior game in my life... us American's like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior is for the japanese ^_^. Seriously though I just never felt the need to play one. Seems overly generic to me (though it may have been the grandpappy that started it all, it's time for grandpa to die...but maybe I'm missing something from the reading and reviews of them?).

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
I'm interested in DWVII. I've heard it's likely the longest jRPG ever made.
It might also be the worst looking playstation game ever :D , it's especially bad on emulators. Besides I didn't like its story very much. DQ4 both plays and looks better, and that's a NES game... okay maybe I was a little too mean to it now...

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'd have to agree dw7 was the worst. Its one of the few rpgs I gave up on. The graphics were horrible and the story wasn't good enough to make up for it. Besides FF1, DW 3 and 4 were my favorite nes rpgs. I think the classic battle and menu displays lost my interest on the snes and ps1.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.