Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, I haven't been here in a while...

Anyway, after being an ATi user for the past 2.5 years, I'm selling my All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro and getting a GeForce 6600 GT. Specifically, this one. It should be here on Wednesday.

Anyway, not having used an nVidia card before, I have no idea what their drivers are like. What would you guys recommend?

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
nVidia drivers are good, although they dont release official drivers every month like ATi does, they have plenty of beta drivers.
i recommend you to use the recent ForceWare 71.84 from nVidia's website, pretty good to me, also you may wanna get RivaTuner too, its a pretty good utility for Nvidia cards (and ati cards as well)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
My friend just got one of this, and he´s complaining all the time he cant run America´s Army @ 60 or more FPS.
I think his PC is a P4 2.4HT 512Mb DDr 400.
He was looking for some drivers too.
He has this very same card.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mad said:
My friend just got one of this, and he´s complaining all the time he cant run America´s Army @ 60 or more FPS.
I think his PC is a P4 2.4HT 512Mb DDr 400.
He was looking for some drivers too.
He has this very same card.
Well aren't you a bringer of good news. :p

Anyway, I've downloaded the WHQL 71.84 and 71.90 sets, 76.10, and the Xtreme G 71.84. Now to get the card.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I’m still using the 66.93 driver. So many releases and all this talk of heat problems have confused me.

So I don’t know what to do. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts