Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how far does asus v3800M(tnt2 m64) can be overclock w/out adding some cooling :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well I have a TNT2 Ultra. I'm not sure how much better it is than the m64, but I overclocked mine from 183mhz memory; 150mhz core. Now its at 212mhz memory; 162mhz core. I think yours be won't able to do go that high.
You can always just increase the mhz by 1 and then do some graphic intensive gaming for a while and if it works then move up another 1mhz. If it gives you artifacts or odd colored blocks in your games then set the mhz back to the last stable setting. This can be dangerous though, especially if there is no cooling on it. I have a small heatsink and fan that came with mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Use Nvmax,it has a database which when you overclock your card tells when it might become unstable.
I've attached it to the post.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't recommend you to overclock such a card, because it doesn't bring much, you'll get maximum 5 fps more, so it is not worth to change any settings!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually since it is a M64, overclocking the memory directly translates into higher performance when you use 32bit color and/or resolutions above 800x600

Overclocking the core will do close to nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts