Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I noticed that my computers been kinda hot lately. Running HL2 Demo and Doom 3. The temps rise like crazy. I have 3 fans jammed in here, but it already sounds like a 747 :p

Now, I have been looking into over clocking, researching it as much as I can. Sometime in the future I wanna try my go at overclocking my Video Card and CPU. With the new games coming out I can't always play them as I like to - (High res and tons of AA and AF!)

So ... to the point. Soon i'm getting a job and I wanna buy some cooling for my computer. I was looking into water cooling, but I'm still not sure about it. Fans are just too noisy and other options I have seen just seem way too expensive (upwards of $500.00-$1000.00 or higher!)

I want something easy to set up (to the point where it's not gonna take me a week), something easy to manage - water cooling is about as hard as I want it), something that I can actually afford - I'm gonna say $200.00 is my limit (Canadian finds people!) And something that is effective. Hopefully I'm looking for something that can decrease my temperatures by about 20C :)

I really don't know if this is all possible, but I am asking you's first ;)

Thanks for your help if you can give any. Oh and if you have any other questions i'll be sure to answer fast :p

·
band
4,912 Posts
I'm currently using a Zalman 7000B AlCu myself (read a review that says it beats the pure copper CU version). However, I do think that water wud be nice. silent is also good. so why not get both by getting a Zalman Reserator. The thing is silent, pretty cool looking to have beside your comp, and its water cooling.

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=021

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Thanks you guys. I was looking into the Reserator 1 from Zalman. I hope it can fit under my desk, i'll have to look at the dimensions later.

I'm so glad there's actually a store in Edmonton Reich! For some reason my family dislikes credit cards and online shopping :p So 99% of the time i'm stuck ordering through a company or not getting my way! :heh:

Thanks again guys. Oh and if you have any other tipc please please give them :) Anything will help.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Mounting holes are on all S478 boards. All you have to do is take off the retention bracket and use them. :cool:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah. I'm not up to smothering my CPU and board in thermal grease. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.