1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I have a question about the best configuration for my PC
Specs:
PII 333Mhz, 64 Mb RAM, Next I740 Graphic Card, Sound Card Yamaha, CDROM Creative 40x speed.

Thanks for your help guys.

Sincerely,
X-Shot

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
the i740 needs to go. (a voodoo3 is much better for your system)
but if you aren't in the mood to upgrade, then I think you should try pete's or segu's D3D renderers for graphics, and either the internal or pete's SPU. but granted you stand a good chance of running into problems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used to have an i740... using it with epsxe was terrible, it was TOO SLOW!!! trying with every plug in... I presonally don't recommend use it with epsxe, try VGS (it worked great with your card). If u can upgrade your hardware, cause in your system (your sys specs are simmilar to my pc) neither a v3 will work fine... (it was my second video upgrade) ... to play games with epsxe at full speed i boutgh a v5 5500... and i still have some little problems cause my processor is sloooow for this emu....

·
Registered
48 Posts
If u found ur PC is too slow with ePSXe,try FPSE.It usually runs quite fast with low-processors. (choose compiler mode)

·
Registered
551 Posts
whoaa...FPSE works better on low-processor? hmm...what did I dreamt about last night? I think ePSXe is wayyyyyyyyy better than FPSE nowadays...

I'm workin' on 333 too, 128 MB SDRAM, and Riva TNT II 32 MB...and I'm just doin fine ("fine" for low-end systems, and the other word is "playable" for high-end systems) :D

X-Shot, maybe you could just post what game that u want to play...since the configuration for each games on ePSXe is slightly different...

PS: Maybe what Pete said about FPSE is correct...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hello guys...maybe i740 was not too bad...i play ff9 with it on epsxe since v1.0.1.I satisfy with the graphic(no slowdown esp. on iso.Now i am using gforce2 tornado starting from disc 3)...i think the processor is slow...but i think i might work too...with peted3d,null's,corecdrom...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts