Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
After checking Newegg, I have to agree with refraction. If you're an ATi fan, it looks like the best you'll get is something around the X800 XT, which is still a good card.

Edit: Just remember that the AGP 6800 GS's are clocked a fair bit lower than the PCI Express versions so you will have to do some overclocking to match up with them.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
Dont buy FX series.U will be very disappointed if u want to play Black & White
2.I think 6xxx is the best.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Just got an e-GF 6800GS CO for my AGP system, probably my last AGP purchase. This specific card has 400/1100 clocks as opposed to the standard 350/1000 of the AGP 6800GS cards.

Really good card and a steal at $229 at Newegg. :)

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
D.D. said:
i thot the best agp card would be a x850xt pe ???
the xtpe only just keeps up with the 6800GT, the GS infact outperforms them both :) strange considering its cut down and just has higher clocks, but whatever nvidia did, it works! and im usually an ATi fan, so dont think im being all Nvidia fanboyish :p

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
dogulation000 said:
Okay, in your opinion, what's the best card for AGP? (I know PCI Express is the future, but I don't have any money to upgrade... yet.)
Don't get me wrong, but wouldn't it be wiser just to wait a little bit longer with upgrading and do it all at one time? To me it seems like a kind of waste to get yourself an AGP card now only to ditch it within a year when you got the money to upgrade the rest, thus needing a new graphics card again because of PCI-e. :)

·
Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
the soon to be release 7800gs will be the fastest and highest spec'd(sm3, hdr ect). But the prices now are already astronimical. You can by the pci-e version of the same cards for up to £50 cheaper. AGP is dead.

refraction said:
the xtpe only just keeps up with the 6800GT, the GS infact outperforms them both :) strange considering its cut down and just has higher clocks, but whatever nvidia did, it works! and im usually an ATi fan, so dont think im being all Nvidia fanboyish :p
that is way, WAY off. an x850xt-pe is faster than a 6800ultra in most things d3d and it wipes the floor with a gt lol

·
band
5,270 Posts
james.miller said:
that is way, WAY off. an x850xt-pe is faster than a 6800ultra in most things d3d and it wipes the floor with a gt lol
that is what i thot.

·
カラム
365 Posts
james.miller said:
the soon to be release 7800gs will be the fastest and highest spec'd(sm3, hdr ect).
Exactly! And I hear that the BFG 7800GS OC is out now. So you might want to invest on that.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
GCFreak said:
Exactly! And I hear that the BFG 7800GS OC is out now. So you might want to invest on that.
thats all well and good but they dont do it in AGP ;)

ok after looking it up the x850 xtpe is also a good choice, so its down to you to decide.

would i be right in thinking the 6800GS is cheaper tho? you dont want to blow £200+ ($400+) on an AGP card now

·
band
5,270 Posts
refraction said:
thats all well and good but they dont do it in AGP ;)

ok after looking it up the x850 xtpe is also a good choice, so its down to you to decide.

would i be right in thinking the 6800GS is cheaper tho? you dont want to blow £200+ ($400+) on an AGP card now
i hope they are cheaper, since they perform worse @[email protected]

the 7800GS is coming in AGP tho so maybe wait for that?

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3100

·
カラム
365 Posts
A BFG 7800GS OC AGP8X is already available at CompUSA. Currently, it is the strongest and last AGP card, EVER.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.