Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which browser do you prefer? I have been using Firefox for what seems like forever now but I have noticed the speed difference compared to IE.

I dont like to use IE because of security and what not and I'm still using SP1 (I dont want any of my apps breakin down). Is MyIE2 safe? I think it would be faster since it uses the IE engine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
you could also try out "mozilla", it runs as fast as IE to me. And it has alot of cool stuff that firefox has too. give it a try you might like it.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well in fact firefox is the same as the mozilla browser, it's just that mozilla carries along the whole suite :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Firefox is Mozilla sans the gumpf. Mozilla is the internet 'suite'

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Actually, Firefox is faster for me. It depends, however, on the extensions you have installed. Ad-block, to name one, can be a hit in page rendering if you have a huge filter list. I have used MyIE2/Maxthon for almost a year, but, despite the nice enhanced functionality, it's almost as safe as IE is. Blocks pop-ups and some ads, nothing else. If security is important for you, keep firefox.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely FireFox. I don't notice any speed diff comp. to ie, and there are less crashes + all the extensions, why would i want to use ie !? :spy:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hmm. I tried firefox a while ago, and it looked horrible. But I like it now; usable interface with nice icons, minus all the problems of IE.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
best part of firefox to me is that it's interface is alot like IE but like moomoo said without the problems. To make things fair Firefox is probably just as vulnerable to hackers but because IE is so dominate it's always the one that gets hit. I'd say go to a browser that isn't used by many people. You'll be safe due to scarcity.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
furbyhater said:
Definitely FireFox. I don't notice any speed diff comp. to ie, and there are less crashes + all the extensions, why would i want to use ie !? :spy:
On my old computer I notice that FireFox as an application loads faster and uses less resources than IE.

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
Firefox for me. It came out recently, and already it got lot of fans! IE is too slow, and without the option of having multiple sites open at once.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Firefox is actually faster for me alot of times....the only problem is with pages that have lots of pics on them....firefox seems to not like to many pics

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
bahamut_2006 said:
Firefox. Period. I only use IE when I absolutely have to (and its not very often) Their is no reason to use anything else.
There is one feature that I wished Firefox had.

The ability to save open webpages when you close the browser. So that way I can continue to surf the websites where I left off. Opera and Maxthon has to feature, why not Firefox?

Firefox also seen to crash when trying to print out selected text on a website.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Well, you can bookmark the pages you're on and then go back to them. This also allows you to go back to a whole set of pages. When you bookmark, you can choose to save all tabs in a folder. When you return, you can go to your bookmarks, right click the folder, and choose "open in tabs". Bingo. You are now exactly where you left off.

kof2k has it bass ackwards, firefox is the faster version of mozilla, not the other way around. Mozilla was first, but was rather slow. Firefox came out to address some of the speed issues. As I-chan stated however, the extensions you have can slow it down a lot, if you have too many, or if you have one that is buggy or bloated.

Firefox is best, mozilla is close but bigger download and generally slower. Opera is also good, except for it being shareware/adware and having fewer customization options.
IE is garbage. Period. Frontends like avant and maxthon can improve it, but it's rather like putting your garbage bags in a pretty painted can instead of the plain old rusty can. If you're concerned with security, DON'T GO NEAR IE or anything based on IE. No matter what windows updates you have, IE is always highly vulnerable to active-x and BHOs. Not to mention the fact that IE gives hackers a direct link to the heart of your OS. If they crash any other browser, they simply ruin the browser. If they crash IE, your whole system's toast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been using Firefox since it's first beta and I still say they need to make it faster. If you load a webpage in Firefox and IE, then close them both, and re-open to the same page Firefox does have a longer time starting and loading the entire page.

Firefox is the best browser for security but I wish they would speed it up a little.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Cypherswipe said:
Well, you can bookmark the pages you're on and then go back to them. This also allows you to go back to a whole set of pages. When you bookmark, you can choose to save all tabs in a folder. When you return, you can go to your bookmarks, right click the folder, and choose "open in tabs". Bingo. You are now exactly where you left off.
This is no different from using the Favourite bookmarks in IE.

When I open my browser I want the webapages where I left off to be opened up already.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts