Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wiat what the hell. Why was my other thread removed? This should have been the one that is removed.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
in your video settings, make sure you set a GFX ram amount... highest 512 or type in 1024... with some video cards it can't detect the ram amount and make epsxe run slowly

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
it's a driver thing not an epsxe thing and it is tied to petes...not sure anyone else could fix it in the plugin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
set cpu overcloking to 1x
use core plugins
CPU overclocking is at 1. I cannot use core plugins because PEC cheat emulator will not recognize them. I am using OGL2 2.9.

in your video settings, make sure you set a GFX ram amount... highest 512 or type in 1024... with some video cards it can't detect the ram amount and make epsxe run slowly
It may have made a difference. I am not sure. But its still lagging a decent amount. This should not be happening. Here are my settings.

·
deep-space demon
349 Posts
I cannot use core plugins because PEC cheat emulator will not recognize them. I am using OGL2 2.9.

Do not use pec. The latest ePSXe version has cheat functionality included.

Remove pec and use Pete's OpenGL2 core- the 3rd party plugins are very old and causes problems with modern gpus. You have to use the core ones because they are most up to date. Not to mention pec itself is very old and is buggy.

Regarding your settings: disable fps limit
Go to your sound settings and make sure latency is set to low latency

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
also don't set Framebuffer effects to full...99% of games are fine on standard and cpu overhead is MUCH lower on standard. On full you are rendering to gpu AND keeping a full software framebuffer recreation in the background running at the same time.. so it is like using the hardware gpu AND the full software gpu, so you are working twice as hard for very little added benefit.. standard on all 3 settings reproduces all the effects now as far as I have seen

·
Not a Registered User
1,304 Posts
also don't set Framebuffer effects to full...99% of games are fine on standard and cpu overhead is MUCH lower on standard. On full you are rendering to gpu AND keeping a full software framebuffer recreation in the background running at the same time.. so it is like using the hardware gpu AND the full software gpu, so you are working twice as hard for very little added benefit.. standard on all 3 settings reproduces all the effects now as far as I have seen
But what if he's playing that 1%?? and besides pretty much any modern PC even mid-range can run ePSXe at max settings in 8K with little stress on the PC.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
it just a waste.. I said 99% but I have yet to run across ANY game that didn't work with it on standard.. the first (Extended) even tells you it can cause garbage screens..they were needed back in the day, but not today

·
Registered
8 Posts
Solution near the end of this post: this month I've had a similar slowdown problem in my laptop with ePSXe 2.0.5 with Driver 2 Disc 1 and loading a state I was playing on, even with the lightest plugin I could remember in order to get a decent video recording quality, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1,77 (just forgot to test the software plugin that time). I initially thought the problem was the dedicated graphics card (Radeon R5 M230) because the emulator was running only in the integrated video card (Intel Graphics 4400) even despite having set ePSXe to use the dedicated card (Even I tried to fix it by changing the AMD Catalyst software for Adrenalin, but to no avail, so I restored a Windows 10 backup ghost copy later), but when I tested the graphics hardware with Furmark it turned out that both cards were working well. Oh, and the same slowdown was happening in the other 2 OS i have installed in my laptop, Windows 8.1 and PCLinuxOS (running ePSXe from the same folder I had decompressed it to, I prefered to unzip it than installing it).

But when I tested the emulator with the Driver 2's Disc 2, I found that the game started without the slowdown problem the disc 1 was giving me but without any FPS framelimit, with the disc 2 I've had to turn off and on framelimit. So I decided to open the ePSXe folder and found that the "config" subfolder had its own settings for each of the Driver 2 disks, which I deemed strange and an unnecessary hindrance, so I deleted them. Tested both disks again and then most of the slowdown was gone, but there was still some of it, so instead of trying to find out what was causing it, I chose to decompress the ePSXe zip file into another folder, then copy from the old folder the contents of the bios, cheats, plugins, snap and states folders into the subfolders of the newer ePSXe location, started the emulator from its new folder and found that it run as smoothly as the other copy some months ago, so I erased the old ePSXe installment, renamed the newer folder as the older one, stopped worrying and restarted playing (and recording video too).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts