1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Ugh, I hate the stupid stereotypical main protagonist and the T & A they are pushing forward in order to get more sales. I'm sure it's a fine, perhaps even a great action game, but I wish certain game developers would grow up and instill their character with more than one quality.

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, after watching the video preview at GiantBomb, I was struck with the paralyzing but powerful suspicion that this game isn't actually being marketed for the usual teen boy demographic, despite the naked T&A.

If you look at the style, the butterfly double jump, particle effects (also butterflies), the environments, and even the enemies, I have a feeling they are making a strong push to appeal to the young female audience as well.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Looks like a stupid button masher. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW.
Heavenly Sword is a button masher.

Wet is a button masher.

At it's core, Bayonetta is a button masher but its gameplay is stylized in such a way that it actually kept me interested. Enemies drop weapons that can be picked up and used. Each weapon has its own moves and creates new combo possibilities. You have spells that you can execute with summons being probably the most awesome of the spells available in the demo. The summon in the demo features a monster that literally eats your enemies. Just awesome...

Setup a Japanese account and try it out.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
So does it have a lot of those annoying:

press square!
press X!
press triangle!
wave the left analog stick clockwise!
stick your thumb up your ass!
press circle!

Oh sh.... wrong button!

"You are dead!"

FFFFFFffffffuuuuu................

I simply hated that in heavenly sword and God of War... In heavenly sword even more as it had them like every five minutes and almost all bosses had to be beaten by those.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
So does it have a lot of those annoying:

press square!
press X!
press triangle!
wave the left analog stick clockwise!
stick your thumb up your ass!
press circle!

Oh sh.... wrong button!

"You are dead!"

FFFFFFffffffuuuuu................

I simply hated that in heavenly sword and God of War... In heavenly sword even more as it had them like every five minutes and almost all bosses had to be beaten by those.
There was one part in the demo where you had to press 'X' to jump from a crumbling bridge... That was the only timed button press. None of the bosses required them.

I didn't play those either.
I figured you didn't. Both games to me are "hardcore" button mashers. The games starts with mashing buttons and ends with mashing buttons. As far as I could tell from those games' demos, you were just using the same weapons and attacks over and over throughout the game.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
I see you guys are comparing this to GOW and DMC.........
In my opinion, judging by the demo I just played 4 times......

Bayonetta>GOW, GOW II, DMC1-4.

You better believe it.

Enemies in GOW/DMC=Chore
Enemies in Bayonetta=I WANTED MOAR ENEMIES TO KILL

***** got a shotgun in her high heels, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Yes, I'm over-hyped, and definitely snagging this game.

EDIT: Famitsu Review in, the scores?

10/10/10/10

Result?

@orgasm

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
There's a write up of the game in Game Informer 199, you might want to check it out.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
Ugh, I hate the stupid stereotypical main protagonist and the T & A they are pushing forward in order to get more sales. I'm sure it's a fine, perhaps even a great action game, but I wish certain game developers would grow up and instill their character with more than one quality.
the girl looks very ugly and weird to me.

her body proportions are all messed up, and her face is ugly.

:spy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.