Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pc.ign.com/articles/632/632446p1.html

Battlefield 2 released in June to a mostly warm reception from the community. The game immediately shot to the top of the sales charts as gamers packed in for some damn good fun with their buddies and new gamer friends. Teamwork is the new king of the castle in the realm of Battlefield and the series has only gained from it. While the game certainly could use a bit of help in the patching department to clear up crashes, bugs, server searching and so on, it's still hard to deny the game's addictive pace.
Its also hard to deny the sloppy production and critical bugs in the current release of Battlefield2.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1700304

As many others are doing already, it is important to boycott the expansion until the current release of battlefield2 is patched. It hasnt been this game either, EA has been pulling this crap for a long time.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1680686&p=1

Something does indeed need to be done, and they cannot shovel this bull down our throats forever. Personally this is a slap in the face to every person who paid good money for their crap.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I agree. Why on earth are they already working on an expantion pack when they're releasing buggy patches for BF2 and then taking them back. :S

I just read those bug lists in BF2, most of them i never except for these:

- Updating stats. Player stats are not updating properly or within a timely manner to the master server.
This one seems fixed now
- Team notification. Often, teammates have to be very close to you in order to see their name. Many TK's can be attributed to this issue, especially when in a gun turret firing at an incoming vehicle or aircraft.
- Server listing. Often, the server list will display incorrect information. Sometiems servers will display 0 or 999 ping, when they actually ping decently. Having a display showing when the server list is completed updating would be beneficial for solving this issue.
- Choppy Server listing. Often, the server list will freeze as user is scrolling thru the listings. Having a display showing when the server list is completed updating would be beneficial for solving this issue. Or perhaps disabling the menu effects on the server list screen would be best.
- Vehicle kills. It is too easy to kill teammates with a vehicle, i have Killed(been killed) with a slight clip of a humvee, APC etc.
- Stuttering. Gameplay stuttering in the first 1-5 mins. Apparent in most computers in all maps/games on High settings. This is due to the computer still attempting to load the textures for each part of the map. As user visit each part of the map, user's computer is trying to load the textures to display it. (People who have 6800s series, X800s series have these as well. The stutter is there no matter what card. It may have to do with texture memory)
Phew... thought it was just me :p
- Auto-Balance options Make it to where un-squadded people are first get to the other team in the for team balance. It's illogical to move commanders and squadded peeps.
So damn stupid... happens all the time, ur leading a squad doing an awsome job and *puff* ur on the other team...
- Scoring, Sec Ops. Spec Ops destroys enemy hardware and currently does not recieve points. Examples: Spec Ops blows up artillery and get no points for it? Also blow up radar and are there points for that?
Stupid thing... if you destroy ur own radar/artillery u loose points lol
- Gameplay, TK Punish. On a friendly kill, the Forgive/Punnish vote should default to Forgive.
Amen
- Teammates sometimes show up as enemies (red name over their head)
One of the biggest problems and it wasnt fixed on 1.01 :S

Btw im with you Player-X. Everyone should use these :p

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was leading as a commander once, and we were totally owning aswell and then it switched me! I was some mad :p

Edit: Here are some smaller sigs that guy threw together on PBF.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They need to just stop the side switches on ppl already playing. At least 3 times ive been switched to the other side during a game, 2 of which involved me getting swapped to the team with no control points, so i couldnt spawn at all. I dont mind getting switched sides at the beginning of a round or something, but not in the middle of a game. I would also like to see the requirements toned down a bit (that probebly wont happen at this point) and to come up with a better solution for the verifying client data part of the loading. Its got nothing to do with the internet connection because ive looked at my router lights while its loading there.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I hate taking head shots at people from a conceled prosition with a assault rifle in single burst mode using the sights while lying on the ground and the guy is just in my face and having it miss, they need to fix that first as well as bunny hopping, team switching is also a bad thing, I usaily command a squad from a distance where I can see most of the field like from the top of a crane, I hate it when I get team switched in the middle of having my plans work

·
Registered
44 Posts
BF2 Bleh

BF2 randomly crashes to the desktop. / Very Buggy in other respects.
High requirements (Geforce FX+).
Is a pig on ram and does unnessicary verification/ and texture loading.
The game code isnt efficent. Like old battlefield 1942 using monolithic huge map files, and inefficent methods.
Random team balancing (messed up).

People wont play this at lans somtimes, the "I dont have a good enough video card, im running a geforce 4 Ti, comes up alot" Allthough I hear its patchable.
I put in a fx5200 (just a heatsink on it too no fan by design -_- but I thank him for that ^^) that my friend let me have just to play this game, caus atm I dont have funds for a new card.

I for one after playing it will not purchase an expansion unless some of theese issues get properly taken care of.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts