Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
I don't actually own the game but I like to support a good cause. Tell me if it's worth removing the siggies.

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just tested it, it does fix alot of the most annoying bugs, tanks no longer stop when climbing up hill, rockets no longer pass trough the helicopters, didnt get any stupid TK without doing anything, and most of the features are welcome. However EA seems to be a bit STUPID oO. They added a new bar for the counter measures reload, however this is not a new bar, its simply the same bar as the afterburner, so if u use a flare you have no idea how ur afterburner is untill the flare finishes reloading, THE STUPID THING IS, in planes theres a bar for the overheat of the weapons that is NEVER used, couse planes weapons dont overheat, why on earth didnt they use that bar for the flare reload instead?? oO

Also off game browsers no longer work and this is a major pain in the a$$ :S couse ingame browser simply sucks. Also they added a new feature to show news in game when u login, but again stupid EA didnt make the game remember what u already read, so u gonna have to close the same news window over and over and over again, also the the current news is "1.3 is out"... REALLY?? if im seeing that news then maybe... its becouse I ALREADY HAVE IT Oo man... such stupidity makes me mad :S

Appart from that when playing it seems pretty good, the new sounds are great. Oh and they also didnt make the forgive the TK as default, and again, thats pretty damn stupid.

· PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
well.. everything you have wrote is rather... 'normal' to EA, those mistakes are just for that this company can release another patch, or another installment of game in next year... :)

· Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Wake Island 2007 is kickass if you can play without aircraft whores, and all the little fixes are good. The rank bug isnt a bug, they said from the get-go they would tweak the ranks. Though its kind of stupid, ive got all the unlocks I want now however there is no real initiative to keep playing...

Server browser still dosent work. Pressing the refresh button will kill the list and never list any servers unless I restart the game. Also the news popup like you said is retarded.

· Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Maby if the patch fixes things I will go buy the game...

· Registered
211 Posts
I like the Air defense improvement, and now the artillery is freaking strong. No longer will you see a missle fall by and say "that was close!". Trust me if its close it will kill you. I guess is fine... I also don't like the rank tweak...I was pretty close to becoming a corporal and unlocking the streesweeper and now I realize I can unlock everything I ever wanted. Really took the hard work out of the game....but at the same time I am glad because I wasn't going to sacrifice my life for this game. So I dunno...The game has always been fine in my opinion...the punish system is still a pain in the a$$ but no game is perfect and I enjoyed this game a lot, more so then any other online multiplayer.

· Registered
222 Posts
New additions but still fixes needed. Damn Ea/Dice, two useless companies.

I still hate Wake Island, its all vehicles, especially planes.

The in-game browser still sucks, 50 percent of the time it'll just break and not respond when I try to filter my results.

The new rank system is kinda nice, I have every gun except two. Kinda lost its uniqueness though, with everyone having alot of unlocks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.