Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am positive that I had them working in FF9 with an earlier version of Pete's Directx Plugin. But now I tried FF9 (with Pete's 1.53) and I either did not have them at all or had to wait forever .
My system is rather lame
(P2 300
Riva Tnt
64 MB ram
32x cd)
but since I had it working (on an earlier version of pete's plugs) and can't remember the exact settings I used then, I wanted to know if someone has a similar system and has nice and fast battle swirls?

P.S. the openGL plugin was always kind of instable for me, but I haven't tried it recently - should I give That a try?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
You have a TNT card, so I'd say give the OGL plugin a try.

As for battle swirls... hmmm.... I doubt you could get full speed battle swirls with your system config. I have a P3-600 + GF2MX, and to get battle swirls at full speed I can only run at 640x480, or at most 800x600 without FSAA. Try decreasing your resolution and/or colour depth, that's the suggestion I have.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
First of all, resolutions above 640x480 have no effect on the game's visual quality (at least none that I can tell) but they have a HUGE impact on game speeds.

Second, I use Pete's OGL with a Celeron 500MHz/GeForce2/128 MB RAM, and I get nice, smooth swirlies. Try that, as in my experience Pete's D3D just can't do swirlies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts