Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Origins uses NVidia's Geforce TXAA, from what I understand a technology that is supposed to reduce shimmer, however as you can see in these two scenario's (I'll do more later) it introduces a ton of blur and a loss of detail. For best IQ, stick with MSAA.

Screenshots were taken on my 2500k and EVGA 760ti superclocked.

Scenario 1.
MSAAx2

MSAAx4

MSAAx8

FXAA Low

FXAA High

TXAA Low

TXAA High

Scenario 2
AA Off

MSAAx2

MSAAx4

MSAAx8

FXAA Low

FXAA High

TXAA Low

TXAA High

Some misc combat and flying. MSAAx2. As you can see the physx allows for footprints to be made in the snow, indoors there are additional banners, smoke, paper, sparks, basically minor stuff that adds to each level.

I'll do more in time.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Thanks for the shots.

Wonder how many fps are you getting.

Didn't know you could push it at 1440p with AA and still get a good framerate with your specs.
If so I may get similar on 1080p with AA on my 660ti I guess.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the benchmark I'm averaging around 50-60fps. With 331.93 beta driver in game is much smoother than when the game first released.

There are instances where the frame drops rather sharply, mainly in a few areas with heavy physx and lighting effects, but most of the time I'm chilling around 50-60fps with MSAAx2.

The game should fly with a 660ti at 1080p, I'd bet you'd be able to downsample from 2560x1440 and still get good frames.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
TXAA is supposed to blur, its a cinematography filter.
I thought TXAA was supposed to fix poor/low-poly temporal shadows?
Basically fix the jaggies introduced by the retard "realtime" shadows all games use these days...even Watchdogs still uses these horrible immersion breaking shadows...

Oh no wait, it's supposed to remove in motion distance aliasing which regular MSAA and FXAA can't do (they work best on static and close-up stuff).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts