Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've heard a bit about this game here and there, but until now, didn't look into it. I've read a few reviews the past few days, and it looks good, and I'm considering getting it (besides The Sims 3, I need a new game, as that's the only new one I've gotten in maybe the past half a year). If I don't get it, I'll look for something else.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Is it a well made game, or does it seem like a cheap port?

How long is it. Most reviews say 6-8 hours or so, not including aside stuff.

How about the side stuff? I prefer if it has a decent deal (doesn't need to have a whole lot, but I hate the catastrophic feeling of too much linearity).

I see alot of review sites mentioning a gamepad as a side thought. Is it necessary? I have two Logiteck pads (it's basically a Playstation type clone controller, so would it even work well with that with the Xbox360 controller being the staple recommendation?). I've played Silent Hill on the PC with a keyboard fine, and alot of people recommended a pad for it/those types of games.

I know this is alot of questions, but I've read alot of reviews (mostly positive), and want some more user feedback. Is it a "really" good game? I'm most likely getting the upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 3, and want another new game since I haven't had one for a while.

If not this, then what other (prefer recent) PC games would anyone recommend? I like RTS, RPG, FPS, simulation, racing, I guess pretty much whatever.

So, I guess I'll expand this topic a bit right here. Is this game really good, and what other good close games would you recommend me to take a look at? Edit: I've heard good things of Dragon Age too (haven't researched it yet like I have with Batman though), but I'm not interested in Left for Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, or Borderlands, before anyone mentions those titles.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
uhhh personally ive tried picking it up on 3 seperate occasions, but i cant manage to get far into the game without becoming completely bored and forgetting about it for a month or two. i personally wont go near it.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
- it is a well done game and hardly a cheap port

-You most likely wont need a gamepad, I'm playing it with a keyboard and mouse and it works fine, however it does support the 360 control pad out of the box and works exceptionally.

-long enough to satisfy you, as long as you are not a speed run type of gamer. Half the fun of it is to take your time with planning your takedowns, then methodically execute them. Playing it this way is supremely satisfying.

-you should be impressed with the game after you are finished with it. There are tons of good things going for it and it certainly is not a game to be missed.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realized there's a demo for this game on Steam. I'll try that.

Oh, and I don't rush through games, and if they have an immersible atmosphere (like this one is said to), then that's only more true. I inched my way through Doom 3 and loved it while everyone else was complaining about the lack of light, the closet monsters, and whatnot.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried the demo, and I really like it. The only real nitpick I have so far is that, just like the pathfinder thing in Dead Space, the detective mode makes it too easy, so I'll try and have to use that only when needed if I ever play. The combat seems a tad simple, but it's better than being overly complicated. I presume the game gets harder as you get into it too (a difficulty level would had been nice though).

Also, I hadn't realized so many good looking (speaking overall, not strictly visually) games have been released. You turn away for one second, and there they all are.

I'm installing a few demos off of Steam to get a taste for some more, and still looking for other suggestions here, but otherwise, I'm going to get Batman. It looks to be a real solid and immersive game. It also runs real great on the defaulted to settings (all options maximum set to yes, except no AA and only "normal" physics at 1600x1200). Looks awesome too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.