Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/

Published by Eidos and developed by rocksteady this rendition of Batman looks to be the definitive Batman game for the 360 and the PS3 (and I think the PC too). Set in the infamous Arkham Asylum the Joker escapes his confinement and sets loose upon the asylum, releasing prisoners and taking guards as hostages and it is up to the Batman to set things right.

From what I have read about the game, it is similar to that of Splinter Cell and Escape from Butcher Bay gameplay wise and is set to utilize the environment and Batman's utilities to their greatest effect. With voices from Mark Hamil as the Joker (who did the voice for the animated series) and with ties to the comic,rather than any film release this could be one to look out for. I'm no real big fan of Batman, but this game does excite me somewhat and it looks pants droppingly gorgeous to boot.

Anyone psyched?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm looking forward to it unless it has hideous DRM like Gears of War or Grand theft auto 4...

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Also, veteran voice actors Kevin Konroy and Mark Hamill return to voice Batman and Joker, as they did in the 90's Batman TAS.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Aside from Joker looking like a zombie someone just dug up, what I presume to be Croc looking like he stumbled in from God of War or Halo or some other 360 game, and Batman's ears on his costume being too long this actually looks and sounds damn good, not to mention I am a fan of the 90s voices (one reason why I don't think that I will like Dark Knight when I finally get around to watching it as Mark Hamil and Heath Ledger have very different voices) so if if this does indeed get a PC release then I might quite possibly get it.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
WTF!?!

That really looks like it doesn't belong into that game... I guess its croc or smt but still... Well, it doesn't look bad in overall.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
This looks to be a great batman game.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
The graphics look awesome. If the gameplay follows, it will be surely one of the best 2K9 game and a rebith of batman in video games world.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
From what I have read about it, Batman has to utilize the shadows to segregate his opponents from each other in order for him to make strategic take downs. So I imagine this game will be similar to Splinter Cell, with more emphasis on action takedowns. The inclusion of several key characters from the franchise to recapture seems like awesome fun. And the texture work done looks absolutely unreal. Imma gon get dis game fo sho.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Joker still looks more RE than he does DC....

then again I guess that's Heath's fault...

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
This Joker is cool look than the Dark Knight 2008 movie. I don't like Dark Knight's Joker apperance at all. His face was totally wrong. Anyway, didn't you see fan made movie called Batman Dead End ? The Joker really rocks in this fan made movie!!!!

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Will it come out for PC at 6/1/2009 ??
We won't know until then. I have seen games delayed 1 day before they were supposed to be released, in fact IIRC this game was supposed to ship earlier but got delayed. Still, I'm thinking of pre ordering it next year. I can put the money down in monthly payments until I get both paid off, before the games are released.

:evil:

·
Registered
694 Posts
why is batman so insanely ripped? HES FREAKIN HUGE. WTF.

even his face looks muscular enough to bench press a dump truck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts