Next Generation Emulation banner

Batman: Arkham Asylum Officially Delayed

4K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  makotech222 
#1 ·
by Chris Faylor and Nick Breckon May 01, 2009 2:55pm CST

Following rumors that Batman: Arkham Asylum had been delayed until Q4 2009, co-publishers Eidos and Warner Bros. today confirmed that the game has indeed been postponed, though the revised release window falls just short of the rumored delay.

Once expected in June, Rocksteady's stealth-action PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 game will now hit "at the end of summer," implying a release no later than September 22.

"This additional time will allow us to ensure Batman: Arkham Asylum is of the highest quality for gamers," Warner and Eidos explained in their statement.

My opinion ?? Square Enix quality control measures are already working on Eidos..

Batman: Arkham Asylum Officially Delayed - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

#2 ·
If it makes the release that much less buggy, and polished, then its fine.

#6 ·
I just hope it doesn't become Duke Nukem Vaporware...

#7 ·
lol

Hey thats supposed to come out in october! don't jinx it!!!!

#10 ·
Why are people so surprised? The only thing I'm surprised about is Demi is still on S-Es case for not pumping out craptastic games like EA does.

Most gaming studios out there have laid off a good chunk of their workers, many are still losing money, some are being bought out etc.... Games sales have dropped dramatically over the year. Delaying games nowdays have come to be the norm...

#11 · (Edited)
Wtf are u talking about ? This is just news. Obviously this delay have something to do with SE. I don't care about it.. Really... Batman sucks. Robin too.. :lol: it could be delayed for 10 years . The case is that SE might have put some more "resources" (money), so they can polish the game a little bit more. (3 months).

Anyway, for Batman fans that's a great thing, afterall, a 3 month delay is practically nothing.

Oh yeah... I'm surprised by your obssession on me.

#12 ·
This looks to be a great game, and possibly the first solid DC videogame for a Console/PC, whereas for the Marvel fans there's Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the X Men Legends games, plus the current Wolverine games are decent...

#14 ·
Hey Paratech have u played the new Wolverine game ?? I'd like to know if it is worth buying.. !
No, I tend not to, I just heard good word of mouth, in fact I thought Penny Arcade did a write up on it, but I might be wrong.

I love Marvel Ultimate Alliance... :wub:

#16 ·
How do you know it's bad BEFORE PLAYING IT?

#20 ·
The team making Arkham Asylum has never worked on a previous Batman game, why condemn them before they have a chance to prove themselves?

#23 ·
It's a curse, Paratech, the popular franchise curse.
No offense but that's silly...There are no such things as "curses"... :evil:

#25 ·
No offense but that's silly...There are no such things as "curses"... :evil:
You should hear mine when I'm in a foul mood :evil:

And I'm with Squall here, I can wait, there's plenty of other good stuff to play in the meantime. Batman used to have some good games in the Snes era, didn't it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.