Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does Run CDROM do? when i first got the program, i just tried fiddling around with it, and did 'Run ISO' to run a game. i had tried 'Run CDROM' but it froze my computer so i never tried clicking it again. ever since, i never tried running Run PS-EXE and Run Bios either.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
biscuit said:
what does Run CDROM do?
:???: What?
It emulates the psx game in your cd-rom drive.
Kinda werid is it? Have you been running ISOs downloaded from the net, obtained from your friends or home-made? You should know what these are as it is the basic requirement of using ePSXe.

Besides, the RUN BIOS option allows you to check your BIOS is working properly or access the core of the psx. By any chance, where do you obtain your BIOS?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see what you're implying but i am ignorant about computer related things, so i am just asking a simple question. don't leap to conclusions. i own my games.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
biscuit said:
-ignorant about computer related things
-don't leap to conclusions.
If I offended you any way, I apologize. I hope you could play your part here by not double-posting, adhering to the rules and posting to the correct sub-section to the forum. This thread doesn't belong here.

If you are ignorant, you would not be using ePSXe now. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
*Moved to proper location*

Run CDROM lets you run the PSX game straight off of your CD. No ISO is needed. However, some CD drives do not like PSX discs so they will have trouble reading them (leading to slowdowns, freezing, etc.) and a small amount won't read them at all. If you have the space to spare, an ISO is recommended (made from your own discs of course ;)). Here's my recommendations.

CD-ROM Plugins
Easy to use: SaPu's and Xeven's plugins
Advanced: P.E.Op.S.

ISO Plugins
Easy to use: ePSXe's internal ISO loader (File->Run ISO)
Advanced: Mooby's ISO plugin or a virtual drive+CD-ROM plugin

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
fireblaster_lyz said:
By any chance, where do you obtain your BIOS?
That's not a proper question to ask... nor to answer.

Biscuit, you have to have the cd inserted before using run cd, check that. BTW, try to avoid double posting, there's an edit button to add info to previous posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts