Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basic Profile Manager for No$GBA (Release 9 is out!)

I've written a program which should allow you to keep different "profiles" for different games in No$GBA.

It now supports all 17 main settings.

Installation:

Extract in your no$gba directory. (The latest build should work with No$GBA 2.5, and an alternate build with 2.4f support is provided)

Linux Users (Reported to work on Kubuntu 7.04 - Feisty Fawn) will need to download this.

It would be wise to delete npm.cfg and reconfigure the path when upgrading between two versions. If you have changed the location of the emulator, deleting npm.cfg and reconfiguring is required.

How to Use:

You'll see where you can specify each setting. Just select the correct setting from the drop-down box and hit "Write to no$gba.ini."

To load a profile just select it and hit "Load." To create and save a profile, enter the correct configuration, hit save and type in the name of the profile when prompted.

Before using:

Make a backup of no$gba.ini...

History:

* 5/7/2007 - New build uploaded (NPM.zip) (Adds support for Reset/Startup Entrypoint and fix bug with Sound Desired Sample Rate - Anyone with duplicate entries of Sound Desired Sample Rate in their no$gba.ini should revert to their backup, or replace the top duplicate entry with "Sound Mixer Volume == -12")
* 5/7/2007 - Path Problem Fixed (NPM_R2.zip)
* 7/7/2007 - GUI Changes, Customizable Paths, Drop Down Selection Boxes, Delete Button, Overwrite Existing Profile Save Button, Other Miscellaneous fixes... (NPM_R3.zip)
* 8/7/2007 - Ability to rename profile files, Loading profile automatically writes changes into no$gba.ini, Added support for "Video Output" and "GBA Mode" settings... (NPM_R4.zip)
* 8/7/2007 - Bugfixes, GUI changes for lower resolutions.. (NPM_R5.zip)
* 8/7/2007 - Full support, auto-load and write to no$gba.ini mode (NPM_R6.zip)
* 9/7/2007 - General Release... (NPM_R7.zip)
* 10/7/2007 - Serious Bug Fixed... (NPM_R8.zip)
* 14/10/2007 - Numerous fixes, enhancements, one build compatible with 2.5, the other build should work with 2.4f.
* 21/12/2007 - Updated to support No$GBA 2.6. Some UI changes.
* 29/1/2008 - Updated to support No$GBA 2.6a. Added option to load No$GBA automatically when double clicking profile.
* 14/2/2011 - Updated to fix an issue with 'raw' compression state.
Download:

Click here.

NOTES: Profile format was changed to stop incompatibilities between different versions of NPM. All profiles will need to be recreated. Also, delete NPM.CFG before running this new version.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Wow, you know what UniverseJDJ, I think you're on to something good. I've always wanted something like this for No$ but the author never (and probably never will) implemented profiles. It gets annoying to have to manually change the settings each time I want to switch a game. This sure will make switching back and forth between different games in No$ a breeze. I downloaded it to see how it looks and it looks easy to use. I haven't tested it with any games yet but I will when I get some more time. Thanks man, and keep up the good work. :)

BTW: Are you planning to make a drop down list for the different settngs instead of having to input the numbers? This is not a gripe nor does not bother me at all, but I'm sure that you know how stupid noobs can be. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
BTW: Are you planning to make a drop down list for the different settngs instead of having to input the numbers? This is not a gripe and it does not bother me at all, but I'm sure that you know how stupid noobs can be. :rolleyes:
Hmm.. I probably will after I get all the settings working..

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Wow...someone actually contributing instead of complaining, there's a nice change.
Looks really usefull too.
Keep up the great work! :thumb:

1,834 Posts
the first one worked for me, but the second build...

ERROR:

An Error ocurred. Please ensure that this program is being run from no$gba directory and that you have created a folder called CUSTOM.

followed by:

Exiting Gracefully.

Then:

Runtime Error "364" :
Object was unloaded.

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
1 thing i found is tht changing the value of startup point to Nds bios does not work
Few suggestions though
1.) Overwriting feature should be easier to access
2.) Deleting profiles should also be easier to do
3.) Interface should also be easy too
By the time u do this u wont need to do anything else because i think these are the main things one needs
And finally congratulations for such a good program using yer iDeaS well to put it all together

·
Registered
6 Posts
works in linux (kubuntu feisty), for those so inclined. caveats: you need MSVBVM60.DLL, and it doesn't delete 'temp.bat' when you backup/restore no$gba's ini. that's about all the testing i did.

thanks for providing much needed functionality, universal. kudos

1,834 Posts
it just need a good gui, (Scrolling options like nogba, just an example) the main concept is excellent.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
With some little improvements on GUI this will be one great tool!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 thing i found is tht changing the value of startup point to Nds bios does not work
If you're talking about Reset/Startup Entrypoint, there are only two values (Start Directly and GBA BIOS)... And I'm positive it works anyway.. (Anyone else confirm?)

Few suggestions though
1.) Overwriting feature should be easier to access
2.) Deleting profiles should also be easier to do
3.) Interface should also be easy too
1 and 2) OK, I've included those on my build. They'll be with the next release.
3) I'm guessing you mean dropdown menus, I'll be doing that for the next release.

works in linux (kubuntu feisty), for those so inclined. caveats: you need MSVBVM60.DLL, and it doesn't delete 'temp.bat' when you backup/restore no$gba's ini. that's about all the testing i did.

thanks for providing much needed functionality, universal. kudos
Hmm.. I'll post it (MSVBVM60.DLL) as a separate archive when I upload the next release... BTW: temp.bat should delete itself after running..

it just need a good gui, (Scrolling options like nogba, just an example) the main concept is excellent.
I'll implement it in the next build (probably) since so many people want it.

With some little improvements on GUI this will be one great tool!
Thanks for all the feedback everyone :)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Time for a better feedback.

If you could make some tooltip when you put your mouse over the options, or make a help explaining what each features do, would be better, coz i cant remember what every option do, since you only input numbers like 0, 1, 2...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New build released. I've changed quite a lot of things in this build, so I'm expecting something to be broken.

Also, this program is only for No$GBA 2.4c. I only just noticed that the No$GBA author changed the INI file between 2.4b and 2.4.c. That means if you just upgraded from No$GBA 2.4b, make sure you start up the emu and hit "Save Settings" first before using this program...

The drop-down boxes have been implemented.. But I've haven't added support for any new settings in this build... If everything is fine in this build, I'll continue adding support for new settings..

Time for a better feedback.

If you could make some tooltip when you put your mouse over the options, or make a help explaining what each features do, would be better, coz i cant remember what every option do, since you only input numbers like 0, 1, 2...
This new build scraps the old numbering system and uses drop-down boxes like the actual No$GBA settings dialog. So that should be OK for you now..

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
This is nice. I just tried the newest version out and everything seemed ok to me. I hope people will start contributing their profiles so that we could download them without having to set the game profiles manually.

Just a small suggestion though. Is it possible that you will add support to rename profiles through the program?

Anyways, great job man. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.