Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, today I've noticed that my CPU reaches temps over 80°C
after intensive use... I remember that my 2200+ (Tbred core) didn't like this much
but the Barton doesn't seem very affected. Do I have to worry about it
or it's just a normal average with the boxed fan?

I heard that it supports 85° easily, but I don't like being on the specified limits :p

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
IMO, 80°C is much too high, especially if you're going to be using the CPU for a long time. If you have the money, maybe you should pick up a new heatsink and some good thermal paste.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have an Athlon XP 2600+ OC-ed to 2.00 GHz, and the highest temp I've ever reached is 57°C, idling at below 50°C. If your CPU is over 80°C I think you should do something about it as soon as possible. Geting a better CPU fan isn't a bad idea, as well as n_w95482's advice ;) I sometimes open the window in my room to help cool down my computer.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I also open up my windows to help cool off my computer :p. Even with my bad wiring skills, poor case fans, and a decently overclocked CPU, my computer is running at 49°C right now ([email protected] running). Then again it's only 23°C in my room and I have a pretty good heatsink and fan stuffed in my case ;). With the stock heatsink I couldn't even hit 3200+ speeds stably because of temperature issues.

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
I recently had my celeron 2.6ghz running at 86°C at full load and 60°C at idle i took my fan off and applied more thermal paste, got the same result still running at 86°C at full load so i used a can of air duster on my fan, it now spins 800rmp faster an never goes above 54°C hope that helps.

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
oh and ive overclocked it to 3ghz and its on a stock fan celerons are crap processors but good overclocks not sure on athlons though, but just try cleaning the fan

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, last time I had a fan issue it was with my 2200 and the temp dropped from 80 to 50
by removing the dust... it's not the case here, I've bought the CPU only few months ago.

Though I'll check next time I turn the PC off (dunno when, it's been running almost non-stop for 2 weeks)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just turned it off, cleaned the radiator (I didn't know it could get so dirt in 3 months),
now it's back to 53°C :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts