Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I suppose you already noticed that the board also has a banner now ... we kept it away as long as possible, but as we registered a new webspace account yesterday which has a monthly fee for us (we'll store several files there to lower traffic on the main server) I thought it'd be just fair to put it here. It's a CTR (click through rate) banner, so in case you want to support PSXEmu a bit, just click it from time to time :)

On the other hand, I updated the board software to v2.0.1 today. This is the changelog taken from their page :

Bug Fixes/Enhancements
- Fixed call to undefined function str_pad() error in UBB importing on PHP3
- Other import related bug fixes/enhancements for future scripts
- Tighter poll checks
- Cookie check for unregistered users voting on polls
- Change tempnam() calls to create in the upload_tmp_dir directory (good for Windows users)
- Workaround for PHP 4.0.5 issue with vB code parsing
- More changes for Vservers' altered MySQL
- Other minor bug fixes
- 'Global' moderators not displayed in the CP
- Fix issue where the last post date/last poster would be lost when updating forum counts
- Other minor bug fixes

Thanks for listening. Oh yeah, I played a bit around with databases lately and the good message is that NO data will be lost when we're moving to NGEmu - the only thing you'll notice is that the board will be down starting 2 days before we switch to NGEmu (but so will be the whole PSXEmu page as we need to convert over the last pieces of data in that time).

And last but not least, we recived MANY applications for NGEmu. I'd like to thank those who submitted one and let me tell you, it's not easy to choose between the many qualified people who submitted. We'll send our decission sometimes next week, most probably next friday so keep an eye on your inbox.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Shock the monkey and win $20!
Yeah baby :D
hehe, no sweat bobbi. i see banners so often i automatically ignored it. didnt even notice it has just been added, to me it could've been there for ages and i wouldnt know. but maybe i'll start clicking the ones here to support this great site.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Because of size of your "signature"
Many big size signature can be slow down the board
This is reason why you can't use image as your signature

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
argh.
polls are indigestive
u should try maling him :D

er, didnt understood well what u ment enigma...
I don't think 1 voive (mail him by me only) can change anything...........
So I think we should make some poll

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob, I'd watch it with that "Junkbuster" thing if I were you. At least around here I would. No, I'm not going to do anything about it, but some people might not take kindly to it. Just a friendly warning is all. Take it how you will.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'm not too concerned with the additional adverts... its not costing me anything and if it keeps things going then so be it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts