Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts
well maybe the reason im a bit mature than others is becoz of my parents

yeah they are the best parents in the world they live just for me and my sis thats how i feel

Teens and adults are mentally very different maybe thats why most families are not in such good inter relationships

yeah, i do lol,

my mother wasn't one of those idiots who lets the kids go off and do what they please.
I think she'd know before i would if i was gunna go and shoot some class mates really.

Ya true, DevinWolf. It's cause your parents raised you right.

I really butted heads with my family when I was about 19 1/2 and still do on some things. It's kind of amazing that I hadn't done so earlier in my life till then.

@Squall: You're mommy raised you right too. :)

i was also a shy boy but now ive grown really confident

my shy nature might be due to again and again being abused and tried to be brought down by kids coz i never used to reply to their abusing so they thought of my as a easily target

But now i know all of them have no life behind their laughing faces

dude, most 5 year olds know how to troll bittorrent now.
I can vouch for this i have a 6 year old noobish relative who doesnt have any problem using bittorrent, (on the other hand he doesnt even know how to make a email account, or to register at any site or to install anything on the PC and kept bugging me on yahoo so he's residing in the ignore with all the other trolls & noobs :evil:)

Here all with PC's/consoles play violent games though i dont see no one going on a rampage shooting in schools or on the street actually it never happened.

I disagree with what this police chief is saying. Yes violent videogames seem to be quoted from these kids as they undergo their shooting rampages, but to solely isolate videogames as the cause and culprit of the crime is to blatantly ignore several other factors that contribute to the problem in the first place, and it doesn't always involve the parents.

The generation I am part of seems to have this mentality that the world owes them everything and when things can go a little wrong for them they either kick up a stink and write some emotional rubbish that no one cares to read on their myface blogs, a few will cop it on the chin and soldier on, or a distinct very small group who have been the target of relentless bullying or teasing will take drastic steps to get their revenge on their attackers. Violent videogames or not, these kids would have committed the crime regardless of weather videogames were inspirational or not.

There are plenty of films and books that graphically depict killings, even modern music contains such graphic themes, but the fact remains that videogames are not the only catalyst for these kids to go 'snap'. To say that it is the cause is to be incredibly naive about other contributors to these kids issues.

I still think movies are going to be a greater influence than video games considering how it's actual humans shooting things up.

Squall, you got any sources for that research? I wouldn't mind havin' a look.

You know, I reckon that violent video games don't produce violent behaviour. I've played violent video games all my life, along with loads of people I know, and none of them or myself have ever gone on a murderous rampage, not even once! :p

Instead, I think that violent people are probably more likely to play violent video games and watch violent movies and such because of some thoughts and emotions which are already present beforehand. I think the "link" (if there is one), is most likely reversed!

I still think movies are going to be a greater influence than video games considering how it's actual humans shooting things up.
True but you don't hear the government targeting violent movies more than violent video games. And if you do, you know it's rare and uncommon when they use a violent movie as an excuse for why so and so blew such and such up. XD

True but you don't hear the government targeting violent movies more than violent video games. And if you do, you know it's rare and uncommon when they use a violent movie as an excuse for why so and so blew such and such up. XD
True. I'd like to see someone go "He had all five *insert relevant movie here* movies" instead of "Oh, he has all five GTA games" when something like this happens.

Yeah, exactly, BigIg, and I'm not saying that violent music/movies/books don't play a part in this. I think they very much do. People just tend to target the video game industry for some reason. Maybe it's because video games are relatively newer than music, movies, and books? So they consider it to be more of a threat? See what I mean?

People are always searching for the newest thing to blame, rather than realizing it's their own fault. Not just when it comes to killings, but life in general.

At some point the blame video games mindset will die a little bit and they'll find something else to blame.

Between you and me snicko, I doubt the makority of the population had the same smart parents as we had, judging from the lack of real men in the general populace.

That's where parental guidance comes into play.
IF parents did their job...

And I'm not going to say I'm going to be the best parent in the world, I doubt it. But I really want to be there for my children and pay attention to them and treat them like adults rather than pets. This is really important. They shouldn't have to be forced aside by their parents. They're human beings.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.