Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... for some of you, not me ;)

I've got me a new system (it was kinda time to put my old p3-550/Geforce1
system to sleep... I have to be prepared for Aquanox :)).

My new system (AthlonC 1200, 133 FSB, 512 MB DDR ram, SCSI DVD and
CD rom dive, ATA100 IBM 60 GB harddrive, SB live, GeForce3) is sooooo fast
with psx emulation, I don't have any chance to make speed optimizations
anymore ;););)

FVP and even the easteregg blurring... everything is running full speed all
the time... soft gpu is freaking fast... pfff... and to play in OGL with
300 fps, wow :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well pete this is surely a good news for U that U upgraded your PC......but it is a howly Bad news for us.........Man we expect so much from your plugin.Now you will be working on the optimization which will be very high and can only be operated on system like yours.Like your easter Egg.........it sucks on my PC.But on your U get 300 fps............howly shit.............!

What I want is that I want to make a request that please......keep our slower systems in notice.Like u can see my specs below.......!ok ok I will upgrade my PC.........but that will be after about 4 to 5 months.

So take care man..........we expect more speed.........!

Since developing plugins is your hobby........so I can only request U......!

By the way U now have some Kick ASS PC.......hehe...........;)

Ali

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Nice system Pete;)
I,too,have upgraded recently,but having troubles with it(it's being taken care of).
I expect to play ePSXe at high resolutions soon.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Pete, dude, you almost gave me a heart attack.
When I saw the title of the post (Bad News), combined with the thread (Hardware), I thought that your computer's hosed or something, and you won't be able to continue development for a while....... glad to know I'm WAYYYY off! :)

Anyways, have fun with the great new system.

PS: Love what you've done so far with the plugins.... I'm an all-Pete-plugin guy (graphics, cdrom, and sound).
:D

S

·
0 Posts
Great system Pete. I know what you mean about speed. I have an Athlon T-Bird 1.2ghz (1200) at 266 FSB. Plus I'm still using my GEForce 2 GTS until I am able to get a GEForce 3. All my games run at full speed w/nary a slowdown in sight. This is especially true now that I have DX 8.1 and Detonator 14.10 drivers installed.
Keep up the great work and I'll be hoping for more great things from you in the future.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
hey, dont trash ur old pc, use it 4 testing the plugins ;) lolz, plz dont stop, since its your hobby, as liaqatali told.
we need more speed!
uv done a great work till now :) congrat

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe... to be honest: I still have my old system alive... I will do a little downgrade
(put my p3 550 into my girlfriends pc and take her p2 400 instead... dunno if
I will give her my Geforce1, though ;))...

so I still have a slower system around for tests :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by Pete Bernert

(put my p3 550 into my girlfriends pc and take her p2 400 instead... dunno if
I will give her my Geforce1, though ;))...
Well I wish I was your girl friend.......this way I can have a G-Force.........lol

oops I forgot I am a boy........hehe

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali
Well I wish I was your girl friend.......
ooookaaaaay :D
somebody said it finally. i knew you guys couldn't hide your feelings forever, hahahahaha.

Btw, i'm an anti-Pete guy, i use none of his plugins... dont get me wrong, those are good pieces of work, and i respect the guy. Just that i happen to have no reason to use them :p

I did cheer for Pete's spu for a very brief moment, during the recent Iori vs Pete spu update race ;)

So anyways, congrats Pete about the new system.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
takwu......let me tell u something.In my previous post I didn't mean to say that I was sexually attracted to Pete..........Oh My God What I am Saying..............hehe..........!

The truth is that everyone over here loves Pete for his great work.I was just sort of showing some envy over his new system.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah,it's true,everyone here just loves Pete:love: :love:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
Pete, dude, you almost gave me a heart attack.
When I saw the title of the post (Bad News), combined with the thread (Hardware), I thought that your computer's hosed or something...
:D
Unfortunately that would be exactly what has just happened to me... Power surge:(. Thank goodness I have a spare.

Couple of pci slots got fried, modem's blown and the cdr is history.

Have just ordered replacements. Bang goes all the cash I earned this summer.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
:heh: Well actually I have... The cdr is 32x 10x 12x w/ burnproof and a copy of nero 5. The mobo will do for now as the new modem is external.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
damn, that's an awesome system. my 900mhz seems punier by the day. now what's this easter egg thing?? I completely missed out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Woaw...

Nice specs, Pete... :)

It's good for the fun part (to be able to play the latest games/N64 emu/...), but not really for the programming part...

I'll stay with my good "old" K6-2-400 and my P120...
otherwise, I would end up making a shitty program like Windows
Mediaplayer 7... :(

But it's also nice to have a fast computer to see how your own progs run at max speed :):)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by andré
damn, that's an awesome system. my 900mhz seems punier by the day. now what's this easter egg thing?? I completely missed out.
press shift+pageup whyle playing w/ the ogl or d3d plugins and youll see what it is ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts