Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
LOL, slapping sometimes DOES help with stuff like that. When the old tv of my gramps was showing the colours incorrect (all was very green) all we needed to do was hit it hard and it would turn normal :)
Gah, I broke a cd-rw, 52x Cd-rom, and the fan on my old 700mhz machine by slapping it because the fan was really loud :p

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Just punched my pc screen very very hard (poor hand) because of MSN being totally down for who knows how ****ing long;..

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Gah, I broke ...the fan on my old 700mhz machine by slapping it because the fan was really loud :p
:rotflmao::D:rotflmao::D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yeah I just bought a new mouse because I had squeezed it to death...popped one of the mouse buttons off.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Gah, I broke a cd-rw, 52x Cd-rom, and the fan on my old 700mhz machine by slapping it because the fan was really loud :p
:rotflmao: OMG :rotflmao:

If I did that when my DC would've made noise it would've been as flat as a PSone :rolleyes:

My DC fan made way more noise that it should've. From the moment I bought it in july 2003. And just a week ago I was installing some new hardware in my pc, which made a lot of noise as well. And I decided to oil the fan a bit. And since I was doing that with my PC, I decided I could try the same with my DC fan. And I used quite a lot of oil, but now it's really silent :yippee: The way it should always have been :p

So take this as advice for the next time ;)

·
Old Man
286 Posts
My favorite memory of computer destruction happened last night. One of my suite mate's computers was broken beyond all repair, so we walked out on top of the 4th floor's roof, and dropped it down on to the asphalt. Needless to say... it didn't survive.

Another good story is when I worked at EchoStar over the summer. We shipped a PC to Europe for one of the groups there to use (it had all the software they needed preinstalled). We get a call about a week after we ship it. They received the PC, but the chassis was all bent out of shape, and it had dents. So the guy who called us (Nygel), bent the chassis back into shape, plugged it in (after changing the PSU's Voltage), and it worked like a charm. Amazing what a Dell GX110 can take.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Some things can be indestructable :)

Btw, great story, sometimes when the whole **** locks up I really wanna throw it out of the window as well :D

Hehe, a flamethrower will be nice as well :evil:

·
Registered
350 Posts
When i had my 733mhz computer with a nvidia vanta 16mb about a year ago, in was playing madden 2003 & it looked like crap, so i ripped out the vide card and snaped it in half.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts