Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone gets angry when playing computer. Some punches to screen, kicks to hard disk etc. When I'm playing Rayman 5 years ago I punched keypad when I got angry :cuss2: . Keypad was broken into 2 pieces :evil: . Now I'm playing Chaos Legion and I can't pass stage 6 ... I punched the screen and know what... (too many glass pieces) But it was good 'cos I convinced my parents for new one... Have you got bad memories with computer?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Lots, but the worst thing you can do is to kick it... all you do is damage your hware

R.I.P. to the 2 HDs I killed

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
I trowed my old Compaq laptop from a second, stupid laptop......V_V

74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Killjoy said:
Lots, but the worst thing you can do is to kick it... all you do is damage your hware

R.I.P. to the 2 HDs I killed
I know, I know. But when you lose yourself... you know, some bad things can
happen. ( That computer I was talking about is not working now. All of it's fans stopped. You can imagine rest of the parts :( ...)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Can't say it happened to me, i am a relaxed person. There is no need to release your anger on something that you might brake.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Breaking A screen would take a hefty punch. I'm surprised you can still type for all the cuts you'd probably recieve.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I've broken a keyboard when playing KoF98 (IIRC) a few years ago.

A friend of mine actually broke a finger after punching a door - he was trying to complete a stage in Half-Life :p

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
>> he was trying to complete a stage in Half-Life

What a noob :D

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I'm pretty good with my computer, I can't afford to get it repaired :p

One time I took a pair of scissors to a GBC screen :D

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Mr. Killjoy said:
What a noob :D
Not at all :p

Seriously, he's usually a damn good player (though he is way better in fighting games). That day he had too much in his head, probably :p

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Since I'm poor, I can't break my computer, 'cause I couldn't afford a new one. When I'm angry, I go play with my cats! Cats always calms me down.
But there's an episode I still remember: I was playing Megaman 4 (nes8bit) and after dying 55 times on the same stage, I kicked the wall so hard that I broke 2 bones in my foot! At that time I still didn't had cats!

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Wow.... you guys are really agressive aren't you :D I've never had this kind of enragement while playing games... only time I remember was in Starcraft when i was in a losing strike... the only thing i did was walking quickly around the whole house while cussing myself.... after 10 minutes i sat down and continued losin... err playing :D

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
hmmm... I blow off my power supply... my monitor was plugged into 220V (the monitor was 110V) my CDRW drie does not work properly, the motor of the opening get stuck and you have to open it manually (the small hole where ou need to insert a small wire) to place a cd to burn... destroyed a lot of mouse because of hard clicking (although not me but my brother)

but I haven't smashed my keyboard or monitor so that makes you a more bad ass than me :p

·
Registered
833 Posts
I could never hurt my computer. But i know the feeling of getting pissed off after a losing streak and feeling of breaking something.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
3 mouses got used 'very soon' when I was seriously involved in Quake ]I[ arena few years ago :p oh and a tekken series + DoA + Mortal Kombat series + few other fighting games have used 2 of my keyboards, I have to add to my 'destroy your pc' account few punches on the monitor, pc box few kicks which made my old box little deformed :p
anyway the best thing when you can't control your emotions and have to hit something is... to hit something else than your pc, could be door, drawer, wall (for experienced only :p) sister or brother :evil: ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Uffff. Let me see.

Once i punched the keyboard. No biggie. The problem is that it was over a glass table ;) . Then there was this day i kicked the door and made a hole on it. Both were playing PES3 on the pc.

Not pc specific, but i had 2 wireless controllers for the megadrive/genesis. You'd be amazed to see how well they fly... and how bad they land agaisn't the wall :( . Even more when playing SSF2:TNC :laugh: . BTW, they still work.

Then there was this day i was about to unlock the last hidden stage in goldeneye (N64) and died while climbing the last ladder, because bond just got stuck on it, and refused to climb or descend anymore. Some random soldier shot me and killed me. I got so angry that i lost conscience and fell to the floor, hitting my head on the process. Never tried again :p .

And i simply lost the count of how many times i made the keboard keys jump out of it, but that has an easy fix, so i wouldn't take it into account :D

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, I'm very calm person, but just last thursday I almost threw my PC out of the window...
I had played long time in Grandia 2 and I was looking for a place to save, and you know what? the damn piece of S**T made some error and shutted down the game!!

But I haven't really done anything... By the way, how hard did you punch that screen?!?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts