Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been backing up my PSX collection and noticed something.

Even with pristine discs, I occasionally get errors in the CloneCD log, the occasional sector here and there can't be read, but it doesn't seem to affect the reading process in the end, and the image still plays fine in ePSXe.

Is there an "acceptable" amount of errors when backing up? Or should the log have absolutely no errors?

Note: the ONE disc that this really gives me trouble on is FF9 disc 1, which near 99% gives me a long list of errors in the the CCD log, and can't finish the image. Every other disc has been able to finish regardless of the aforementioned occasional error.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
That's actually normal.

As I remember, original PSX discs have intentional errors to indicate to actual PSX hardware that the disc is indeed authentic. CD/DVD burners automatically correct these "errors" which is why burned CD-Rs won't work on an unmodded PSX. (unless you use the swap trick :))

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actually normal.

As I remember, original PSX discs have intentional errors to indicate to actual PSX hardware that the disc is indeed authentic. CD/DVD burners automatically correct these "errors" which is why burned CD-Rs won't work on an unmodded PSX. (unless you use the swap trick :))
Thanks, masta

That explains what's going on with my backups...still having trouble with my FF9 DIsc 1, oh well...

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
well your FF9 disc could actually have some physical damage to it that is causing trouble during the process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.