Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there's a way to back up the whole server configuration under win 2k server and win 2k3. After some time spent configuring the services, network parameters etc. so I can keep such configuration for further restores emergencies.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
RZetlin said:
You might want to create an image of your server.

I recommend Acronis TrueImage.
...or if you'd rather not spend $1000 on backup software that sucks (I've never seen another backup tool that takes 3 hours to create a full system image, experiences an error copying a file in the middle of the process, then cancels....twice), go to your start menu, the run command, type "ntbackup" and hit OK. You have a tool that can create a system state backup that you can fall back on in case of an emergency.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah RZetlin I thought at first the imaging software but as I tried such before on normal desktop setups having headaches as Flare said. I'll try your recommendation, thanks.

I'll try the ntbackup command Flare, thanks a lot. hmm, isn't the "state" similar to the System Restore?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.